20th Century figures seem to be the rage, from Colin Firth’s King George VI in The King’s Speech to Michelle Williams’ portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn to Meryl Streep’s upcoming turn as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady. The next figure to watch out for: actress-turned-Monaco princess Grace Kelly. Shortly after his agents began circulating the Arash Amel script Grace of Monaco, producer Pierre-Ange Le Pogam has agreed to fully fund a $15 million project that is now out to directors and will soon look for an actress to play Princess Grace. The film covers a half year period in 1962, when French leader Charles De Gaulle and Monaco’s Prince Rainier III were at odds over Monaco’s standing as a tax haven. France gave Monaco six months to reform its tax laws, and the situation escalated. By that time, Kelly (33 at the time) had given up her acting career to become a full time princess, and the film details her political manuevering behind the scenes to save Monaco. The CAA-repped Amel scripted the Aaron Eckhart-starrer The Expatriate. Who should play Princess Grace?
'Grace Of Monaco' Finds Funding; Who Will Play Actress-Turned-Princess Grace Kelly?
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’