20th Century figures seem to be the rage, from Colin Firth’s King George VI in The King’s Speech to Michelle Williams’ portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn to Meryl Streep’s upcoming turn as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady. The next figure to watch out for: actress-turned-Monaco princess Grace Kelly. Shortly after his agents began circulating the Arash Amel script Grace of Monaco, producer Pierre-Ange Le Pogam has agreed to fully fund a $15 million project that is now out to directors and will soon look for an actress to play Princess Grace. The film covers a half year period in 1962, when French leader Charles De Gaulle and Monaco’s Prince Rainier III were at odds over Monaco’s standing as a tax haven. France gave Monaco six months to reform its tax laws, and the situation escalated. By that time, Kelly (33 at the time) had given up her acting career to become a full time princess, and the film details her political manuevering behind the scenes to save Monaco. The CAA-repped Amel scripted the Aaron Eckhart-starrer The Expatriate. Who should play Princess Grace?
'Grace Of Monaco' Finds Funding; Who Will Play Actress-Turned-Princess Grace Kelly?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”
- Lionsgate Sets Release Date For Animated Film ‘Condorito: La Pelicula’; Breaking Glass Dates SXSW Pic ‘Inheritance…