20th Century figures seem to be the rage, from Colin Firth’s King George VI in The King’s Speech to Michelle Williams’ portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn to Meryl Streep’s upcoming turn as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady. The next figure to watch out for: actress-turned-Monaco princess Grace Kelly. Shortly after his agents began circulating the Arash Amel script Grace of Monaco, producer Pierre-Ange Le Pogam has agreed to fully fund a $15 million project that is now out to directors and will soon look for an actress to play Princess Grace. The film covers a half year period in 1962, when French leader Charles De Gaulle and Monaco’s Prince Rainier III were at odds over Monaco’s standing as a tax haven. France gave Monaco six months to reform its tax laws, and the situation escalated. By that time, Kelly (33 at the time) had given up her acting career to become a full time princess, and the film details her political manuevering behind the scenes to save Monaco. The CAA-repped Amel scripted the Aaron Eckhart-starrer The Expatriate. Who should play Princess Grace?
'Grace Of Monaco' Finds Funding; Who Will Play Actress-Turned-Princess Grace Kelly?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- Katherine Paterson YA Works Getting Movie & TV Treatment From Arcady Bay & Meteor 17
- Woody Allen Gets NY Film Fest Closing Slot With ‘Wonder Wheel’
- Rick Famuyiwa In Negotiations To Helm ‘Son Of Shaolin’ For Seven Bucks And Sony
- The Jackal Group Hires Susan Lierle As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Fox Sets Russo Brothers In Co-Finance & WW Distribution Deal For New Movie Projects