EXCLUSIVE: Music TV network Fuse has finalized a deal for a series order to half-hour series Funny or Die’s Billy On The Street, starring comedian Billy Eichner. On the series, set to premiere December 22 at 11 PM, Eichner hits the streets of New York City to test pedestrians on their knowledge of pop culture in a fast-paced and comedic trivia-style game show. Funny Or Die’s president of production Mike Farah, Eichner and Krysia Plonka are executive producers. The project stems from Eichner’s viral “man on the street” videos (sample below), which he initially created for his live shows with the Upright Citizens Brigade. Funny Or Die originally made a video with Eichner last year to post on the site, but then the brass felt the video was a great concept for a TV show and pitched it out last spring. Pilot orders from six cable networks — including VH1, BBC America, Comedy Central, Bravo, and E! — followed, with Fuse landing the show after coming in with a straight-to-series order. Funny Or Die’s Billy On The Street marks Funny Or Die’s third series order, joining Funny Or Die Presents on HBO and Jon Benjamin Has A Van on Comedy Central.
Fuse Orders Funny Or Die Street Game Show Series Starring Billy Eichner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015