EXCLUSIVE: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is looking to front his own comedy series next. Durst has signed his first ever TV deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, he has partnered with CBS TV Studios-based producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum on a half-hour comedy project, which he will star in and produce. The untitled comedy, sometimes referred to as Douchebag, has received a script commitment. It centers around a rock legend looking for balance between his high profile lifestyle and trying to raise a family. It will be written by Matthew Carlson (Mr. Sunshine) who will executive produce with the Tannenbaums. The idea was brought to the Tannenbaum Co. by Durst’s manager/producer John Schneider who will serve as a non-writing producer. Schneider is already in business with the Tannenbaums, CBS Studios and CBS. Last season, he and his brother, actor Rob Schneider, developed a family comedy with the same auspices, which was inspired by Rob Schneider’s real-life experiences. The project recently received a midseason series order by CBS. On the TV side, Durst’s only previous credits were arcs on NBC’s limited series Revelations and Fox’s House. In features, he directed The Education of Charlie Banks and The Longshots.
Fred Durst Signs Deal With CBS & CBS Studios, Will Star In Comedy Project
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’…
- ‘Grand Hotel’: Roselyn Sanchez To Star In ABC Drama Pilot, Ken Olin To Direct
- Donald Trump Touts NRA Plan To Arm Teachers At CPAC
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed As Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…