EXCLUSIVE: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is looking to front his own comedy series next. Durst has signed his first ever TV deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, he has partnered with CBS TV Studios-based producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum on a half-hour comedy project, which he will star in and produce. The untitled comedy, sometimes referred to as Douchebag, has received a script commitment. It centers around a rock legend looking for balance between his high profile lifestyle and trying to raise a family. It will be written by Matthew Carlson (Mr. Sunshine) who will executive produce with the Tannenbaums. The idea was brought to the Tannenbaum Co. by Durst’s manager/producer John Schneider who will serve as a non-writing producer. Schneider is already in business with the Tannenbaums, CBS Studios and CBS. Last season, he and his brother, actor Rob Schneider, developed a family comedy with the same auspices, which was inspired by Rob Schneider’s real-life experiences. The project recently received a midseason series order by CBS. On the TV side, Durst’s only previous credits were arcs on NBC’s limited series Revelations and Fox’s House. In features, he directed The Education of Charlie Banks and The Longshots.
Fred Durst Signs Deal With CBS & CBS Studios, Will Star In Comedy Project
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’