EXCLUSIVE: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is looking to front his own comedy series next. Durst has signed his first ever TV deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, he has partnered with CBS TV Studios-based producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum on a half-hour comedy project, which he will star in and produce. The untitled comedy, sometimes referred to as Douchebag, has received a script commitment. It centers around a rock legend looking for balance between his high profile lifestyle and trying to raise a family. It will be written by Matthew Carlson (Mr. Sunshine) who will executive produce with the Tannenbaums. The idea was brought to the Tannenbaum Co. by Durst’s manager/producer John Schneider who will serve as a non-writing producer. Schneider is already in business with the Tannenbaums, CBS Studios and CBS. Last season, he and his brother, actor Rob Schneider, developed a family comedy with the same auspices, which was inspired by Rob Schneider’s real-life experiences. The project recently received a midseason series order by CBS. On the TV side, Durst’s only previous credits were arcs on NBC’s limited series Revelations and Fox’s House. In features, he directed The Education of Charlie Banks and The Longshots.
Fred Durst Signs Deal With CBS & CBS Studios, Will Star In Comedy Project
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman