EXCLUSIVE: Playwright-screenwriter Kate Robin, former writer-producer on HBO’s Six Feet Under, and director-producer Jake Kasdan have sold a drama project to Fox with penalty. 20th Century Fox TV, where Kasdan has an overall deal, is producing. The untitled ensemble drama focuses on the female secret service agents who work on the protective detail of the First Lady. Robin will write and executive produce with Kasdan, who may also direct. The two recently worked together on the HBO comedy pilot Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis, which Robin wrote and Kasdan directed; the project set in the New York fashion world remains in contention at the pay cable network. The sale expands Kasdan’s relationship with Fox. He directed the pilot for the network’s breakout hit comedy New Girl and serves as an executive producer/director on the series, also from 20th TV. Additionally, Kasdan is attached to executive produce and direct two other 20th TV projects this development season, both single-camera comedies: a karaoke bar half-hour at NBC executive produced by Adam Levine and a Tom Gormican ensemble comedy at CBS.
Fox Buys Kate Robin/Jake Kasdan Female-Driven Drama With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"