EXCLUSIVE: Playwright-screenwriter Kate Robin, former writer-producer on HBO’s Six Feet Under, and director-producer Jake Kasdan have sold a drama project to Fox with penalty. 20th Century Fox TV, where Kasdan has an overall deal, is producing. The untitled ensemble drama focuses on the female secret service agents who work on the protective detail of the First Lady. Robin will write and executive produce with Kasdan, who may also direct. The two recently worked together on the HBO comedy pilot Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis, which Robin wrote and Kasdan directed; the project set in the New York fashion world remains in contention at the pay cable network. The sale expands Kasdan’s relationship with Fox. He directed the pilot for the network’s breakout hit comedy New Girl and serves as an executive producer/director on the series, also from 20th TV. Additionally, Kasdan is attached to executive produce and direct two other 20th TV projects this development season, both single-camera comedies: a karaoke bar half-hour at NBC executive produced by Adam Levine and a Tom Gormican ensemble comedy at CBS.
Fox Buys Kate Robin/Jake Kasdan Female-Driven Drama With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment