EXCLUSIVE: Playwright-screenwriter Kate Robin, former writer-producer on HBO’s Six Feet Under, and director-producer Jake Kasdan have sold a drama project to Fox with penalty. 20th Century Fox TV, where Kasdan has an overall deal, is producing. The untitled ensemble drama focuses on the female secret service agents who work on the protective detail of the First Lady. Robin will write and executive produce with Kasdan, who may also direct. The two recently worked together on the HBO comedy pilot Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis, which Robin wrote and Kasdan directed; the project set in the New York fashion world remains in contention at the pay cable network. The sale expands Kasdan’s relationship with Fox. He directed the pilot for the network’s breakout hit comedy New Girl and serves as an executive producer/director on the series, also from 20th TV. Additionally, Kasdan is attached to executive produce and direct two other 20th TV projects this development season, both single-camera comedies: a karaoke bar half-hour at NBC executive produced by Adam Levine and a Tom Gormican ensemble comedy at CBS.
Fox Buys Kate Robin/Jake Kasdan Female-Driven Drama With Penalty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over