EXCLUSIVE: Playwright-screenwriter Kate Robin, former writer-producer on HBO’s Six Feet Under, and director-producer Jake Kasdan have sold a drama project to Fox with penalty. 20th Century Fox TV, where Kasdan has an overall deal, is producing. The untitled ensemble drama focuses on the female secret service agents who work on the protective detail of the First Lady. Robin will write and executive produce with Kasdan, who may also direct. The two recently worked together on the HBO comedy pilot Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis, which Robin wrote and Kasdan directed; the project set in the New York fashion world remains in contention at the pay cable network. The sale expands Kasdan’s relationship with Fox. He directed the pilot for the network’s breakout hit comedy New Girl and serves as an executive producer/director on the series, also from 20th TV. Additionally, Kasdan is attached to executive produce and direct two other 20th TV projects this development season, both single-camera comedies: a karaoke bar half-hour at NBC executive produced by Adam Levine and a Tom Gormican ensemble comedy at CBS.
Fox Buys Kate Robin/Jake Kasdan Female-Driven Drama With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate