EXCLUSIVE: Fox has bought a comedy project to be co-written by Jonah Hill and standup comedian/writer Hannibal Buress with a blind script commitment plus penalty. The project, whose concept and format — single- or multi-camera — will be determined in the coming weeks, will star Buress. It will be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and 3 Arts, with Hill and 3 Arts’ Dave Becky executive producing and Buress serving as a producer. “From the first time I saw Hannibal perform, I started banging down the door to be the person to help guide his unique voice and material to television,” Hill said. “I feel lucky he chose me and my bosses at Fox.” Hill co-created, executive produces and voices the title character on the upcoming Fox animated comedy series Allen Gregory, also from 20th TV. This would mark the first starring role for Buress, whose writing credits include Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock. “My initial dream was to write a show for Fox News, but Jonah convinced me we’d have a slightly better shot at normal Fox,” he said. Buress’ standup comedy has been featured on several Comedy Central programs and latenight talk shows, including The Late Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Additionally, ICM-repped Buress, who is based in New York, hosts a free weekly stand-up comedy show at The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn, NY.
Fox Buys Jonah Hill/Hannibal Buress Sitcom With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Hillary Clinton Beat Donald Trump At Debate; Hell Has Frozen Over
- ‘I Love Dick’, ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ & ‘The Tick’ Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…