In Shondaland’s first sale outside of ABC, Shonda Rhimes’ ABC Studios-based company has landed a put pilot commitment at Fox for Wildwood, a 1980s dramedy written by Diane Ruggiero (The Ex List). Set in 1985 Wildwood, New Jersey, this coming-of-age dramedy centers on a wise-beyond-her-years teenager who poses as an adult in order to land a job at a popular bar on the Jersey Shore. Over the course of a summer fueled by romance, intrigue, and 80s music, she must balance her obligations to her chaotic Irish-Italian family with the new secret life she leads. ABC Studios and Shondaland are producing, with Ruggiero, Rhimes and Betsy Beers executive producing. This is the second period one-hour project Shondaland has in the works for next season. In August, the company sold to ABC Gilded Lillys, a 1895 drama written by The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. It is one of two projects the company has at ABC, along with a legal drama penned by Jenna Bans. Ruggiero is with UTA and Principato-Young, Shondaland with ICM.
Fox Buys 1980s Dramedy Produced by Shonda Rhimes With Put Pilot Commitment
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot