In Shondaland’s first sale outside of ABC, Shonda Rhimes’ ABC Studios-based company has landed a put pilot commitment at Fox for Wildwood, a 1980s dramedy written by Diane Ruggiero (The Ex List). Set in 1985 Wildwood, New Jersey, this coming-of-age dramedy centers on a wise-beyond-her-years teenager who poses as an adult in order to land a job at a popular bar on the Jersey Shore. Over the course of a summer fueled by romance, intrigue, and 80s music, she must balance her obligations to her chaotic Irish-Italian family with the new secret life she leads. ABC Studios and Shondaland are producing, with Ruggiero, Rhimes and Betsy Beers executive producing. This is the second period one-hour project Shondaland has in the works for next season. In August, the company sold to ABC Gilded Lillys, a 1895 drama written by The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. It is one of two projects the company has at ABC, along with a legal drama penned by Jenna Bans. Ruggiero is with UTA and Principato-Young, Shondaland with ICM.
Fox Buys 1980s Dramedy Produced by Shonda Rhimes With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MacTaggart Lecture: UK’s Jon Snow Calls Out Facebook For Enabling “Fakery”, Jeopardizing Democracy…
- Timothy Hutton To Star In 'The Haunting Of Hill House' Netflix TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Hollywood Medium With Tyler Henry’ Renewed For Season 3 By E!
- Romantic Comedy From Nahnatchka Khan & Billy Finnegan Set At Fox As Put Pilot
- Prince Concert Film ‘Sign O’ The Times’ Headed To Showtime
- ‘Full Frontal’s Samantha Bee And Jo Miller On Trump, Twitter Abuse & Being Too Old To Be Afraid — Emmys