In Shondaland’s first sale outside of ABC, Shonda Rhimes’ ABC Studios-based company has landed a put pilot commitment at Fox for Wildwood, a 1980s dramedy written by Diane Ruggiero (The Ex List). Set in 1985 Wildwood, New Jersey, this coming-of-age dramedy centers on a wise-beyond-her-years teenager who poses as an adult in order to land a job at a popular bar on the Jersey Shore. Over the course of a summer fueled by romance, intrigue, and 80s music, she must balance her obligations to her chaotic Irish-Italian family with the new secret life she leads. ABC Studios and Shondaland are producing, with Ruggiero, Rhimes and Betsy Beers executive producing. This is the second period one-hour project Shondaland has in the works for next season. In August, the company sold to ABC Gilded Lillys, a 1895 drama written by The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg. It is one of two projects the company has at ABC, along with a legal drama penned by Jenna Bans. Ruggiero is with UTA and Principato-Young, Shondaland with ICM.
Fox Buys 1980s Dramedy Produced by Shonda Rhimes With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest TV News
- Cary Elwes Joins ‘The Art Of More’ Drama Series On Crackle
- ‘Gotham’ Ratings Rise For Finale, Letterman Special Strong, ‘Voice’ Down
- Gale Anne Hurd's Valhalla Entertainment Renews Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Lester Holt Attracts Largest Audience In Evening News Race; David Muir Takes News Demo
- ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ Renewed For Season 5 By IFC
- ‘Borgen’ Creator Adam Price Preps Faith-Themed Drama ‘Rides Upon The Storm’