Stephen Frears, director of Dangerous Liaisons and The Queen, will receive this year’s European Film Academy Lifetime Achievement Award. Having already received the Spanish Goya, the French César, and the British BAFTA, Frears told the EFA organizers by phone, “It’s very nice to be complimented by Europe. … Of course, I’m never quite sure whether England is part of Europe. We’re divided about this and have complicated feelings. But what matters is to keep European film going. And I’m totally committed to that. Nothing else matters. If the films are good, then people will go and see them.” The 24th European Film Awards ceremony takes place on December 3rd in Berlin.
European Film Acad Honors Stephen Frears
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid