Stephen Frears, director of Dangerous Liaisons and The Queen, will receive this year’s European Film Academy Lifetime Achievement Award. Having already received the Spanish Goya, the French César, and the British BAFTA, Frears told the EFA organizers by phone, “It’s very nice to be complimented by Europe. … Of course, I’m never quite sure whether England is part of Europe. We’re divided about this and have complicated feelings. But what matters is to keep European film going. And I’m totally committed to that. Nothing else matters. If the films are good, then people will go and see them.” The 24th European Film Awards ceremony takes place on December 3rd in Berlin.
European Film Acad Honors Stephen Frears
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment