Eric Bana and Danny Huston will star in Elvis & Nixon, an indie that marks the directing debut of actor Cary Elwes, who wrote the script with Joey Sagal and Hanala Sagal. The film’s funded by Benaroya Pictures. The film is based on a 1970 powwow between Presley (Bana) and Nixon (Huston) when the former petitioned to be a Federal Agent at Large in the war against drugs, which in hindsight seems a bit odd. Presley brought a Colt .45 pistol as a gift to the president. Bana will be exec producer. He’ll next star in the Lakeshore thriller Brilliant and just wrapped Blackbird.
Eric Bana Plays Elvis Presley, Danny Huston Is Richard Nixon In Indie Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Sound Designer Julian Slater On His “Lightning In A Bottle” Moment With Sound-Centric ‘Baby Driver’
- Mel Gibson, Robert Towne, Mike Medavoy Team On ‘Dancing Bear’ For USA Network
- Avan Jogia Joins Tom Dolby’s ‘The Artist’s Wife’
- George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In…
- Jessica Chastain Circling ‘It’ Sequel, Just As Team Muschietti Planned
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller Asks Court To Drop CA Supervision