Eric Bana and Danny Huston will star in Elvis & Nixon, an indie that marks the directing debut of actor Cary Elwes, who wrote the script with Joey Sagal and Hanala Sagal. The film’s funded by Benaroya Pictures. The film is based on a 1970 powwow between Presley (Bana) and Nixon (Huston) when the former petitioned to be a Federal Agent at Large in the war against drugs, which in hindsight seems a bit odd. Presley brought a Colt .45 pistol as a gift to the president. Bana will be exec producer. He’ll next star in the Lakeshore thriller Brilliant and just wrapped Blackbird.
Eric Bana Plays Elvis Presley, Danny Huston Is Richard Nixon In Indie Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work