EXCLUSIVE: Dylan McDermott has carved out time from his starring role in the FX hit series American Horror Story to join the cast of Dog Fight, the Warner Bros comedy that Jay Roach will direct this fall. McDermott will play Tim Wattley, a political consultant who runs the campaign of a candidate from South Carolina. Zach Galifianakis plays the candidate, and Will Ferrell and Jason Sudeikis reportedly will also star. Chris Henchy wrote the script. The film starts in November, but they’ve worked it out so McDermott can begin filming in early December. McDermott, who’s repped by CAA and The Schiff Co., most recently wrapped The Perks of Being A Wallflower and Nobody Walks.
Dylan McDermott Goes From 'American Horror Story' To A 'Dog Fight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- IFC Closing Deal For Director’s Fortnight Pic ‘A Ciambra:’ Cannes
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch