EXCLUSIVE: Dylan McDermott has carved out time from his starring role in the FX hit series American Horror Story to join the cast of Dog Fight, the Warner Bros comedy that Jay Roach will direct this fall. McDermott will play Tim Wattley, a political consultant who runs the campaign of a candidate from South Carolina. Zach Galifianakis plays the candidate, and Will Ferrell and Jason Sudeikis reportedly will also star. Chris Henchy wrote the script. The film starts in November, but they’ve worked it out so McDermott can begin filming in early December. McDermott, who’s repped by CAA and The Schiff Co., most recently wrapped The Perks of Being A Wallflower and Nobody Walks.
Dylan McDermott Goes From 'American Horror Story' To A 'Dog Fight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- ‘Cries From Syria’ Sundance Clip: A Children’s Story That’s Hard To Watch
- Gkids Elevates David Jesteadt To President
- Amazon Video Direct Launches Film Festival Stars Program At Sundance
- ‘The Discovery’ Teaser Trailer: Robert Redford Discovers The Afterlife In Sundance Sci-Fi Pic
- Gravitas Ventures Taking ‘Folk Hero & Funny Guy’ On Theater/VOD Tour
- Mark Hamill, Christopher Plummer Lead Voice Cast Of ‘Lovecraft’ Feature