EXCLUSIVE: Dylan McDermott has carved out time from his starring role in the FX hit series American Horror Story to join the cast of Dog Fight, the Warner Bros comedy that Jay Roach will direct this fall. McDermott will play Tim Wattley, a political consultant who runs the campaign of a candidate from South Carolina. Zach Galifianakis plays the candidate, and Will Ferrell and Jason Sudeikis reportedly will also star. Chris Henchy wrote the script. The film starts in November, but they’ve worked it out so McDermott can begin filming in early December. McDermott, who’s repped by CAA and The Schiff Co., most recently wrapped The Perks of Being A Wallflower and Nobody Walks.
Dylan McDermott Goes From 'American Horror Story' To A 'Dog Fight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- ‘Sing’ Review: The Tunes In This Terrific ‘Toon Will Have You Dancing In The Aisles
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion
- ‘The Divorce Party’ Adds James DuMont; John Cassini Cast In ‘Volition’
- ‘Sing’ Director Garth Jennings On Working With “Wizards,” The Learning Curve Of His Feature…
- ‘How To Train Your Dragon 3’ Flies To 2019; Uni’s DWA To Scale ‘Everest’
- Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67