On Saturday, The Walt Disney Studios crossed the $1 billion plateau at the domestic box office for the 6th consecutive year. The studio says it has reached this milestone 15 of the last 18 years. This year’s total was helped by Pirates Of The Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, Cars 2, The Help, Gnomeo And Juliet, and The Lion King 3D.
Disney Studios Passes $1B Domestic In 2011
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies