Disney has seen the 3D light following the success of its re-release of The Lion King in the extra dimension, announcing today limited theatrical releases for four more of its animated films: Beauty and the Beast (January 13, 2012), Pixar’s Finding Nemo (September 14, 2012) and Monsters, Inc. (January 18, 2013), and The Little Mermaid (September 13, 2013). The Lion King 3D is about to cross $80 million in domestic box office since it was re-released September 16; it finished third this past weekend domestically, where it is playing in 2,340 theaters. The Monsters Inc. date, meanwhile, comes five months before Disney releases that film’s prequel, Monsters University, on June 21, 2013.
Disney Ramping Up 3D Toon Re-Releases
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Add Actor’s Friends & Family To Expenses Suit
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros
- Scott Rudin Productions Lands Alice McDermott Novel ‘The Ninth Hour’
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence