EXCLUSIVE: HBO is going for some serious acting firepower on the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin drama The Corrections. The pay cable network has Oscar winner Chris Cooper in negotiations and two-time Oscar winner Dianne Wiest set for the two leads in the project based on Jonathan Franzen’s book, which is yet to be formally greenlighted to pilot. The award-wining 2001 novel revolves around the troubles of an elderly Midwestern couple, to be played by Cooper and Wiest, and their three adult children — roles that are now being cast — as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. Rudin, who had been developing the project for a decade, originally as a feature, is executive producing with Baumbach and Franzen. ICM-repped Wiest, whose previous HBO series role on In Treatment earned her an Emmy, will next be seen in The Odd Life Of Timothy Green and Lawrence Kasdan’s Darling Companion. Cooper, repped by Paradigm and Untitled, will next be seen in The Muppets. His most recent TV gig was a co-starring role in the 2003 HBO movie My House In Umbria, which landed him an Emmy nomination.
Dianne Wiest Set, Chris Cooper In Talks To Star In Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin's HBO Pilot 'The Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday