In one fell swoop, The CW has given full-season orders to all of its three freshmen series. Following the pickup of Ringer earlier today, the network also has given back-nine orders to fellow rookies Hart Of Dixie and The Secret Circle. None of the three have been breakout hits for the CW, but network president Mark Pedowitz indicated that it was less the series’ ratings performance and more their long-term potential that drove the pickup decision. “We believe in the creative strength of these dramas, and by giving them back nine orders we can give our audience the chance to enjoy complete seasons of all three of them,” he said. “With compelling storylines, engaging characters and tremendous buzz, we firmly believe that Hart Of Dixie, Ringer and The Secret Circle can become signature series for The CW, the kind of top-notch shows that are synonymous with our brand.” The CW had been in bad shape in the ratings, down 36% in adults 18-39 to a 0.7 in the Live+Same Day numbers for premiere week. But when the Live+7 numbers for the season’s opening week came out yesterday, the network shot up 43% to a 1.0 to erase the declines and then some.Hart Of Dixie, from Warner Bros TV, Fake Empire and CBS TV Studios, was created by Leila Gerstein, who executive produces with Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, Len Goldstein and Donald Todd. Secret Circle, from Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros TV and CBS TV Studios, is executive produced by Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.
CW Gives Full-Season Orders To 'Hart Of Dixie' & 'Secret Circle', Goes 3-For-3
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix