The CW is pulling new reality show H8R off the schedule effective immediately. Starting next week, the network will air repeats of new drama Ringer in H8R‘s Wednesday 8 PM slot. The demise of H8R extends the CW’s dry spell on the unscripted side, where the network has not been able to launch a successful series. (America’s Next Top Model started off on UPN.) The CW will use the slot to get additional sampling for Ringer, which the network’s brass like creatively and are getting behind despite recent ratings decline. This has become a trend this fall as NBC too replaced its recently canceled shows with reruns of freshman series in need of extra sampling: Prime Suspect (in for The Playboy Club) and Whitney (in for Free Agents). After perking up last week with the episode featuring Kim Kardashian, which hit a series high in total viewers and posted 50% gains in the demos, H8R returned to its middling ways last night (1.2 million viewers, 0.4/1 in 18-49), down 21% in total viewers and 33% in 18-49. The series features celebrities who get to confront their biggest haters.
CW Cancels New Reality Series 'H8R'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest TV News
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump Tower…
- Digital Comedy Series ‘Web Tales’ From FatAwesome & Machinima To Run On Go90, Black List Writers The Mirzai Bros To Exec…
- 'Darkover' Amazon Series Taps Elizabeth Sarnoff & Patrick Macmanus As Writers