The CW is pulling new reality show H8R off the schedule effective immediately. Starting next week, the network will air repeats of new drama Ringer in H8R‘s Wednesday 8 PM slot. The demise of H8R extends the CW’s dry spell on the unscripted side, where the network has not been able to launch a successful series. (America’s Next Top Model started off on UPN.) The CW will use the slot to get additional sampling for Ringer, which the network’s brass like creatively and are getting behind despite recent ratings decline. This has become a trend this fall as NBC too replaced its recently canceled shows with reruns of freshman series in need of extra sampling: Prime Suspect (in for The Playboy Club) and Whitney (in for Free Agents). After perking up last week with the episode featuring Kim Kardashian, which hit a series high in total viewers and posted 50% gains in the demos, H8R returned to its middling ways last night (1.2 million viewers, 0.4/1 in 18-49), down 21% in total viewers and 33% in 18-49. The series features celebrities who get to confront their biggest haters.
CW Cancels New Reality Series 'H8R'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood's Embrace Of China
Latest TV News
- ‘Happy!’: Debi Mazar & Michael Maize Set To Recur In Syfy Series
- CW’s DC Superhero Crossover Gets Title & Key Art
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Sen. John McCain For Deciding “No” Vote On GOP Health Bill
- Gordon Ramsay ‘24 Hours To Hell & Back’ Restaurant Series Gets Fox Order
- ‘Orville’ Ratings Fall To Earth Without NFL Lead-In, ‘Zoo’ Finale Down From 2016
- Dan Lin’s Lin Pictures Taps Former TriStar TV Exec Lindsey Liberatore As Head Of TV