The CW is pulling new reality show H8R off the schedule effective immediately. Starting next week, the network will air repeats of new drama Ringer in H8R‘s Wednesday 8 PM slot. The demise of H8R extends the CW’s dry spell on the unscripted side, where the network has not been able to launch a successful series. (America’s Next Top Model started off on UPN.) The CW will use the slot to get additional sampling for Ringer, which the network’s brass like creatively and are getting behind despite recent ratings decline. This has become a trend this fall as NBC too replaced its recently canceled shows with reruns of freshman series in need of extra sampling: Prime Suspect (in for The Playboy Club) and Whitney (in for Free Agents). After perking up last week with the episode featuring Kim Kardashian, which hit a series high in total viewers and posted 50% gains in the demos, H8R returned to its middling ways last night (1.2 million viewers, 0.4/1 in 18-49), down 21% in total viewers and 33% in 18-49. The series features celebrities who get to confront their biggest haters.
CW Cancels New Reality Series 'H8R'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series