The CW has bought Dare, an hourlong action thriller from Easy A writer Bert V Royal, Warner Bros TV and studio-based Lin Pictures. Dare follows six young adults who find themselves forced to play a dangerous and deadly game of Truth or Dare. Royal is exec producing with Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz. This is the second sale for Royal, who also has single-camera comedy The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth, based on Alexandra Robbins’ book, set up at ABC with Jennifer Garner producing. On the film side, Royal, repped by Paradigm and manager Dana Jackson, recently sold spec comedy A Thousand Words Or Less to Fox Searchlight and is attached to direct.
CW Buys Thriller From 'Easy A' Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos