The CW has bought Dare, an hourlong action thriller from Easy A writer Bert V Royal, Warner Bros TV and studio-based Lin Pictures. Dare follows six young adults who find themselves forced to play a dangerous and deadly game of Truth or Dare. Royal is exec producing with Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz. This is the second sale for Royal, who also has single-camera comedy The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth, based on Alexandra Robbins’ book, set up at ABC with Jennifer Garner producing. On the film side, Royal, repped by Paradigm and manager Dana Jackson, recently sold spec comedy A Thousand Words Or Less to Fox Searchlight and is attached to direct.
CW Buys Thriller From 'Easy A' Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…
- ‘Empire’ & Fox Beat $10M Copyright Suit From “Gangsta Pimp”s Memoir & Script