The CW has bought Dare, an hourlong action thriller from Easy A writer Bert V Royal, Warner Bros TV and studio-based Lin Pictures. Dare follows six young adults who find themselves forced to play a dangerous and deadly game of Truth or Dare. Royal is exec producing with Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz. This is the second sale for Royal, who also has single-camera comedy The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth, based on Alexandra Robbins’ book, set up at ABC with Jennifer Garner producing. On the film side, Royal, repped by Paradigm and manager Dana Jackson, recently sold spec comedy A Thousand Words Or Less to Fox Searchlight and is attached to direct.
CW Buys Thriller From 'Easy A' Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO