The CW has bought Dare, an hourlong action thriller from Easy A writer Bert V Royal, Warner Bros TV and studio-based Lin Pictures. Dare follows six young adults who find themselves forced to play a dangerous and deadly game of Truth or Dare. Royal is exec producing with Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz. This is the second sale for Royal, who also has single-camera comedy The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth, based on Alexandra Robbins’ book, set up at ABC with Jennifer Garner producing. On the film side, Royal, repped by Paradigm and manager Dana Jackson, recently sold spec comedy A Thousand Words Or Less to Fox Searchlight and is attached to direct.
CW Buys Thriller From 'Easy A' Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series