EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation with 3 networks bidding, ABC has landed a single-camera comedy starring actress/singer Mandy Moore with a put pilot commitment. The project will be written by Wedding Crashers co-writer Bob Fisher, directed by Shawn Levy and produced by Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein in association with 20th Century Fox TV. The untitled half-hour is a single camera family comedy that explores the inherent conflict between the families we grow up in and the families we make. It’s told through the lens of a young, newlywed couple – Annie (played by Mandy Moore) and Ben. Fisher, Levy, Adelstein and Becky Clements are executive producing, with Moore’s manager Jon Leshay producing. This marks the first regular series gig for Moore, who has been busy in features. She is currently in production on Chris Sparling’s Falling Slowly and recently voiced the lead in the Disney animated movie Tangled, with her song, I See The Light, earning an Oscar nomination. On TV, she had a recurring role on ABC’s medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. WME-repped Moore released her most recent album in 2009. Comedy veteran Fisher most recently developed and executive produced the Fox/20th TV comedy series Traffic Light.
Comedy Starring Mandy Moore And Directed By Shawn Levy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM