EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation with 3 networks bidding, ABC has landed a single-camera comedy starring actress/singer Mandy Moore with a put pilot commitment. The project will be written by Wedding Crashers co-writer Bob Fisher, directed by Shawn Levy and produced by Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein in association with 20th Century Fox TV. The untitled half-hour is a single camera family comedy that explores the inherent conflict between the families we grow up in and the families we make. It’s told through the lens of a young, newlywed couple – Annie (played by Mandy Moore) and Ben. Fisher, Levy, Adelstein and Becky Clements are executive producing, with Moore’s manager Jon Leshay producing. This marks the first regular series gig for Moore, who has been busy in features. She is currently in production on Chris Sparling’s Falling Slowly and recently voiced the lead in the Disney animated movie Tangled, with her song, I See The Light, earning an Oscar nomination. On TV, she had a recurring role on ABC’s medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. WME-repped Moore released her most recent album in 2009. Comedy veteran Fisher most recently developed and executive produced the Fox/20th TV comedy series Traffic Light.
Comedy Starring Mandy Moore And Directed By Shawn Levy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox