EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Kane (Jonas) has landed a lead in ABC Family’s comedy pilot Baby Daddy. The project, from executive producer Dan Berendsen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King), centers on Ben (Cameron Deane Stewart) who, in his 20s, becomes a surprise dad to a baby girl when she’s left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his mother; his brother Danny (Derek Theler), his best buddy; and his close friend Penny (Kane), who is harboring a secret crush on him. Kane, a finalist on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars, will star in the upcoming ABC Family movie musical Elixir. The pilot will film in December.
Chelsea Kane To Star In ABC Family Comedy Pilot 'Baby Daddy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison