EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director-actor Jon Favreau is venturing into scripted series with Tweaked, a half-hour spec script that has landed at CBS. The network is in early negotiations for the single-camera project, which Iron Man director Favreau wrote and is set to direct and executive produce. When all is said and done, I hear Tweaked is expected to receive a pilot order from CBS and get laid off at sibling CBS TV Studios. Favreau has been working for a while on the script, which chronicles life and dating among single parents in Santa Monica. It marks his first foray into TV series writing. On TV, Favreau previously directed and executive produced the pilot for ABC’s well-received but short-lived single-camera comedy series In Case Of Emergency. He also created, executive produced and hosted the IFC talk show Dinner For Five. On the feature side, CAA-repped Favreau, who rose to prominence with the 1996 indie Swingers, which he wrote and starred in, most recently helmed Cowboys & Aliens. He is now working on the script for the 2013 Disney tentpole Magic Kingdom, which he will also direct. CBS had a success with a comedy spec by another feature writer-director last season. Last December, the network bought Michael Patrick King’s spec 2 Broke Girls, which he co-wrote with Whitney Cummings. The project made it to series and ranks as the highest-rated new show this season among adults 18-49.
CBS In Talks For Half-Hour Comedy Spec By Jon Favreau
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’