EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director-actor Jon Favreau is venturing into scripted series with Tweaked, a half-hour spec script that has landed at CBS. The network is in early negotiations for the single-camera project, which Iron Man director Favreau wrote and is set to direct and executive produce. When all is said and done, I hear Tweaked is expected to receive a pilot order from CBS and get laid off at sibling CBS TV Studios. Favreau has been working for a while on the script, which chronicles life and dating among single parents in Santa Monica. It marks his first foray into TV series writing. On TV, Favreau previously directed and executive produced the pilot for ABC’s well-received but short-lived single-camera comedy series In Case Of Emergency. He also created, executive produced and hosted the IFC talk show Dinner For Five. On the feature side, CAA-repped Favreau, who rose to prominence with the 1996 indie Swingers, which he wrote and starred in, most recently helmed Cowboys & Aliens. He is now working on the script for the 2013 Disney tentpole Magic Kingdom, which he will also direct. CBS had a success with a comedy spec by another feature writer-director last season. Last December, the network bought Michael Patrick King’s spec 2 Broke Girls, which he co-wrote with Whitney Cummings. The project made it to series and ranks as the highest-rated new show this season among adults 18-49.
CBS In Talks For Half-Hour Comedy Spec By Jon Favreau
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'