It is two weeks and out for new comedy series How To Be A Gentleman in its prime 8:30 PM Thursday time slot. The network has pulled the sitcom effective immediately: Beginning October 20, it will air veteran Rules Of Engagement in that spot, following The Big Bang Theory, and move Gentleman to Saturdays. (CBS will air a Big Bang repeat in the time period next week.) There is chatter that production on Gentleman is being shut down, which would mean a certain cancellation, but I have not been able to confirm that just yet. UPDATE: I have now confirmed that production on Gentleman will indeed shut down after 9 produced episodes. The final episode will be filmed tonight. That is effectively a cancellation for the sitcom with the Saturday run qualifying as a burn-off, though CBS never officially cancels a series before the upfronts. After a lackluster debut last week with a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 — which was down 33% from the premiere of $#*! My Dad Says in the time period last season — Gentleman dropped another 7% last night, squandering almost half of its Big Bang lead-in. Conveniently, the network has Rules Of Engagement ready to go, and for a second consecutive year, the veteran is being summoned to replace a faltering rookie in the Thursday 8:30 PM slot. (Last season, it stepped in for $#*! My Dad Says.) While Rules looked pretty weird on the CBS schedule revealed in May when the comedy was slated for Saturday nights, the 22-episode order helped producer Sony Pictures TV get to a syndicatable number of episodes and provided the network with a back-up plan, which is now being put in motion.
CBS Relegates 'How To Be A Gentleman' To Saturdays, Replaces It With 'Rules Of Engagement'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…