CBS has bought a comedy from The Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi. Mandvi will write and star in the project, about a recently divorced marriage counselor who dispenses relationship advice. Tagline and CBS TV Studios are producing, with Tagline’s Kelly Kulchak and JB Roberts and Mandvi’s manager, Sweet 180’s Lillian LaSalle, exec producing. ICM-repped Mandvi is currently writing a book of semi-autobiographical essays for Chronicle Books. He has two films coming up, Gods Behaving Badly and Premium Rush, and also has a cameo in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator. CBS has been high on Daily Show correspondents. The network has previously developed projects with Rob Riggle, Demetri Martin and the duo of Jason Jones & Samantha Bee.
CBS Buys Comedy Starring 'The Daily Show' Correspondent Aasif Mandvi
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate