CBS has bought a comedy from The Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi. Mandvi will write and star in the project, about a recently divorced marriage counselor who dispenses relationship advice. Tagline and CBS TV Studios are producing, with Tagline’s Kelly Kulchak and JB Roberts and Mandvi’s manager, Sweet 180’s Lillian LaSalle, exec producing. ICM-repped Mandvi is currently writing a book of semi-autobiographical essays for Chronicle Books. He has two films coming up, Gods Behaving Badly and Premium Rush, and also has a cameo in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator. CBS has been high on Daily Show correspondents. The network has previously developed projects with Rob Riggle, Demetri Martin and the duo of Jason Jones & Samantha Bee.
CBS Buys Comedy Starring 'The Daily Show' Correspondent Aasif Mandvi
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast