CBS has bought a comedy from The Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi. Mandvi will write and star in the project, about a recently divorced marriage counselor who dispenses relationship advice. Tagline and CBS TV Studios are producing, with Tagline’s Kelly Kulchak and JB Roberts and Mandvi’s manager, Sweet 180’s Lillian LaSalle, exec producing. ICM-repped Mandvi is currently writing a book of semi-autobiographical essays for Chronicle Books. He has two films coming up, Gods Behaving Badly and Premium Rush, and also has a cameo in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator. CBS has been high on Daily Show correspondents. The network has previously developed projects with Rob Riggle, Demetri Martin and the duo of Jason Jones & Samantha Bee.
CBS Buys Comedy Starring 'The Daily Show' Correspondent Aasif Mandvi
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015