CBS has bought a comedy from The Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi. Mandvi will write and star in the project, about a recently divorced marriage counselor who dispenses relationship advice. Tagline and CBS TV Studios are producing, with Tagline’s Kelly Kulchak and JB Roberts and Mandvi’s manager, Sweet 180’s Lillian LaSalle, exec producing. ICM-repped Mandvi is currently writing a book of semi-autobiographical essays for Chronicle Books. He has two films coming up, Gods Behaving Badly and Premium Rush, and also has a cameo in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator. CBS has been high on Daily Show correspondents. The network has previously developed projects with Rob Riggle, Demetri Martin and the duo of Jason Jones & Samantha Bee.
CBS Buys Comedy Starring 'The Daily Show' Correspondent Aasif Mandvi
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report