No surprise here: CBS’ breakout hit 2 Broke Girls has received a full-season order. I hear CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler personally broke the news to the cast and crew at the comedy’s table read this morning. 2 Broke Girls, co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings and starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, lived up to its promise as CBS’ highest-testing pilot ever. Following a big launch behind the season premiere of Two And A Half Men, 2 Broke Girls now ranks as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49 (5.8/14) and total viewers (15.5 million). This past Monday, the multi-camera comedy drew a 4.5/11 in the key adult demographic and 11.4 million viewers. The pickup makes it 2-for-2 for Cummings, whose new NBC comedy series Whitney received a back-nine order yesterday.
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' Gets Full-Season Order
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over