No surprise here: CBS’ breakout hit 2 Broke Girls has received a full-season order. I hear CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler personally broke the news to the cast and crew at the comedy’s table read this morning. 2 Broke Girls, co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings and starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, lived up to its promise as CBS’ highest-testing pilot ever. Following a big launch behind the season premiere of Two And A Half Men, 2 Broke Girls now ranks as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49 (5.8/14) and total viewers (15.5 million). This past Monday, the multi-camera comedy drew a 4.5/11 in the key adult demographic and 11.4 million viewers. The pickup makes it 2-for-2 for Cummings, whose new NBC comedy series Whitney received a back-nine order yesterday.
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' Gets Full-Season Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season