No surprise here: CBS’ breakout hit 2 Broke Girls has received a full-season order. I hear CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler personally broke the news to the cast and crew at the comedy’s table read this morning. 2 Broke Girls, co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings and starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, lived up to its promise as CBS’ highest-testing pilot ever. Following a big launch behind the season premiere of Two And A Half Men, 2 Broke Girls now ranks as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49 (5.8/14) and total viewers (15.5 million). This past Monday, the multi-camera comedy drew a 4.5/11 in the key adult demographic and 11.4 million viewers. The pickup makes it 2-for-2 for Cummings, whose new NBC comedy series Whitney received a back-nine order yesterday.
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' Gets Full-Season Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”