No surprise here: CBS’ breakout hit 2 Broke Girls has received a full-season order. I hear CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler personally broke the news to the cast and crew at the comedy’s table read this morning. 2 Broke Girls, co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings and starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, lived up to its promise as CBS’ highest-testing pilot ever. Following a big launch behind the season premiere of Two And A Half Men, 2 Broke Girls now ranks as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49 (5.8/14) and total viewers (15.5 million). This past Monday, the multi-camera comedy drew a 4.5/11 in the key adult demographic and 11.4 million viewers. The pickup makes it 2-for-2 for Cummings, whose new NBC comedy series Whitney received a back-nine order yesterday.
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' Gets Full-Season Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate