No surprise here: CBS’ breakout hit 2 Broke Girls has received a full-season order. I hear CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler personally broke the news to the cast and crew at the comedy’s table read this morning. 2 Broke Girls, co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings and starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, lived up to its promise as CBS’ highest-testing pilot ever. Following a big launch behind the season premiere of Two And A Half Men, 2 Broke Girls now ranks as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49 (5.8/14) and total viewers (15.5 million). This past Monday, the multi-camera comedy drew a 4.5/11 in the key adult demographic and 11.4 million viewers. The pickup makes it 2-for-2 for Cummings, whose new NBC comedy series Whitney received a back-nine order yesterday.
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' Gets Full-Season Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date