Catherine Zeta-Jones has closed her deal to star in Broken City, joining Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe in the Allen Hughes-directed drama. Zeta-Jones will play the philandering wife of the mayor of New York (Crowe). When a Brooklyn detective (Wahlberg) is hired by the mayor to identify his wife’s lover, and the lover turns up dead, the detective takes it personally and uncovers a wider conspiracy involving his employer. Brian Tucker wrote the script and Randall Emmett, Stephen Levinson, Wahlberg and George Furla will produce. The $50 million film is being fully funded by Emmett/Furla Films and New Regency recently came on as producer, with Fox distributing. Shooting begins November in New York. Zeta-Jones recently completed three big films. She’s coming off the Adam Shankman-directed Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin, starred with Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel and Dennis Quaid in Playing The Field, and starred in the Stephen Frears-directed Lay The Favorite with Bruce Willis and Vince Vaughn. She’s repped by WME.
Catherine Zeta-Jones Heads To 'Broken City'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Focus Features Acquires Lenny Abrahamson’s ‘The Little Stranger’ – Cannes
- Dina Merrill Has Died At 93; American Heiress, ‘BUtterfield 8’ Actress And Philanthropist Was Quintessence…
- Hollywood Remembers Roger Moore: “A Wonderful Actor & Lovely Man”
- Annabelle Wallis Tapped For ‘Tag’; Jeremy Renner, Ed Helms Comedy From New Line
- Roger Moore, Iconic James Bond Actor, Dies Aged 89
- Manchester Attack: Cannes Film Festival Holds Minute Of Silence & Cancels Fireworks; ‘Cars 3’ Event…