Catherine Zeta-Jones has closed her deal to star in Broken City, joining Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe in the Allen Hughes-directed drama. Zeta-Jones will play the philandering wife of the mayor of New York (Crowe). When a Brooklyn detective (Wahlberg) is hired by the mayor to identify his wife’s lover, and the lover turns up dead, the detective takes it personally and uncovers a wider conspiracy involving his employer. Brian Tucker wrote the script and Randall Emmett, Stephen Levinson, Wahlberg and George Furla will produce. The $50 million film is being fully funded by Emmett/Furla Films and New Regency recently came on as producer, with Fox distributing. Shooting begins November in New York. Zeta-Jones recently completed three big films. She’s coming off the Adam Shankman-directed Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin, starred with Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel and Dennis Quaid in Playing The Field, and starred in the Stephen Frears-directed Lay The Favorite with Bruce Willis and Vince Vaughn. She’s repped by WME.
Catherine Zeta-Jones Heads To 'Broken City'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Vanessa Hudgens Added To Cast Of Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’
- Chevy Chase, Andie MacDowell, Richard Dreyfuss & More Topline Netflix Comedy Film ‘The Last Laugh’
- Elizabeth Banks Joins Anthony Mackie In Taylor Hackford-Helmed Signal Hill Scandal Pic
- Ruben Fleischer To Helm Buddy Cop Comedy With John Cena and Kumail Nanjiani
- Kyle MacLachlan Joins Amblin’s ‘The House With A Clock In Its Walls’
- ‘Mamma Mia!’: Andy Garcia Joins Cast Of Universal Sequel