Here’s still more evidence that Carl Icahn is getting out of Lionsgate’s hair. The studio’s stock price spiked after the market closed Wednesday when a big block of 3 million shares traded. I’m told the block was Icahn’s, and the sale now takes him down from 3.1% to just 1% ownership of the movie and TV company. The transaction followed Lionsgate’s recent truce with Icahn: it involved a secondary offering for 19.2M of his shares, which brought his control of the studio from 33% down to 3.1%. Today reduces that further still. Maybe now I can retire this photo, huh?
Carl Icahn Sells Block Of Lionsgate Stock
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International Box…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’ – Full…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To The…