Here’s still more evidence that Carl Icahn is getting out of Lionsgate’s hair. The studio’s stock price spiked after the market closed Wednesday when a big block of 3 million shares traded. I’m told the block was Icahn’s, and the sale now takes him down from 3.1% to just 1% ownership of the movie and TV company. The transaction followed Lionsgate’s recent truce with Icahn: it involved a secondary offering for 19.2M of his shares, which brought his control of the studio from 33% down to 3.1%. Today reduces that further still. Maybe now I can retire this photo, huh?
Carl Icahn Sells Block Of Lionsgate Stock
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend – Sat. PM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind”…
- Universal Moves ‘American Made’, Away From Fox’s ‘Kingsman’