EXCLUSIVE: Film director/TV producer Tony Krantz has signed with CAA. This marks a return to CAA for Krantz, who started his career in the agency’s mailroom and rose to head of CAA’s primetime packaging, where he helped put together ER, The West Wing, Twin Peaks and Beverly Hills 90210. After a stint as CEO of Imagine Television, Krantz segued into film directing about four years ago and has helmed three features, including most recently The Big Bang, with three other potential film-directing vehicles in the works. Krantz, who was at WME, is currently mounting a big push in television through his indie production company Flame Ventures, which has eight projects set up at various networks.
CAA Signs Film Director/TV Producer Tony Krantz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger