EXCLUSIVE: Film director/TV producer Tony Krantz has signed with CAA. This marks a return to CAA for Krantz, who started his career in the agency’s mailroom and rose to head of CAA’s primetime packaging, where he helped put together ER, The West Wing, Twin Peaks and Beverly Hills 90210. After a stint as CEO of Imagine Television, Krantz segued into film directing about four years ago and has helmed three features, including most recently The Big Bang, with three other potential film-directing vehicles in the works. Krantz, who was at WME, is currently mounting a big push in television through his indie production company Flame Ventures, which has eight projects set up at various networks.
CAA Signs Film Director/TV Producer Tony Krantz
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…