The news is surprising because for a long while now this has been a lousy economic climate to do any initial public offering. But Bloomberg is reporting that Hulu’s owners News Corp, Walt Disney Company, and Providence Equity Partners (Comcast had to divest when it bought NBCUniversal) may reconsider the IPO idea after their abrupt decision to cancel the online content site’s sales auction. Hulu had plans for an IPO last year that envisioned a $2 billion value to help the site compete with Netflix and Amazon. The end of the auction also may lead to conversations about buying out stakes in Hulu held by members of senior management, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Bloomberg: Owners May Take Hulu Public
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest Film News
- Epic Pictures Unveils ‘The Golem’ As First Original Production For Dread Central Presents
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $217M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony’s Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog…
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Clip: ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel’s Ultimate…