EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Adamson’s Strange Weather Films has acquired Blackpine, a pitch that will be written by Cory Goodman. The title refers to the hometown of a soldier returning from Afghanistan, where he plans to raise his 12-year-old daughter. The mining community has fallen on hard times, but he makes a go of it until his daughter goes missing. He launches into a frantic search to find her, and in the process uncovers a conspiracy within the town, with a supernatural twist. No distributor yet, but Strange Weather is funding development under its deal with Reel Fx partners Cary Granat and Ed Jones. It’s produced by Adamson and Aron Warner, with Jeff Fierson exec producing. Warner and Fierson hatched the idea and plans to shoot it in New Zealand; he is producing but is not attached to direct. WME-repped Goodman’s scripting credits include Apollo 18, Priest and Last Witch Hunter at Summit, which made the most recent Black List, and he just sold the pilot Haunted to ABC. Goodman’s managed by Adam Goldworm Aperture Entertainment.
'Blackpine' Pitch Goes To Andrew Adamson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’