EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Adamson’s Strange Weather Films has acquired Blackpine, a pitch that will be written by Cory Goodman. The title refers to the hometown of a soldier returning from Afghanistan, where he plans to raise his 12-year-old daughter. The mining community has fallen on hard times, but he makes a go of it until his daughter goes missing. He launches into a frantic search to find her, and in the process uncovers a conspiracy within the town, with a supernatural twist. No distributor yet, but Strange Weather is funding development under its deal with Reel Fx partners Cary Granat and Ed Jones. It’s produced by Adamson and Aron Warner, with Jeff Fierson exec producing. Warner and Fierson hatched the idea and plans to shoot it in New Zealand; he is producing but is not attached to direct. WME-repped Goodman’s scripting credits include Apollo 18, Priest and Last Witch Hunter at Summit, which made the most recent Black List, and he just sold the pilot Haunted to ABC. Goodman’s managed by Adam Goldworm Aperture Entertainment.
'Blackpine' Pitch Goes To Andrew Adamson
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Entertainment
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?