EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Adamson’s Strange Weather Films has acquired Blackpine, a pitch that will be written by Cory Goodman. The title refers to the hometown of a soldier returning from Afghanistan, where he plans to raise his 12-year-old daughter. The mining community has fallen on hard times, but he makes a go of it until his daughter goes missing. He launches into a frantic search to find her, and in the process uncovers a conspiracy within the town, with a supernatural twist. No distributor yet, but Strange Weather is funding development under its deal with Reel Fx partners Cary Granat and Ed Jones. It’s produced by Adamson and Aron Warner, with Jeff Fierson exec producing. Warner and Fierson hatched the idea and plans to shoot it in New Zealand; he is producing but is not attached to direct. WME-repped Goodman’s scripting credits include Apollo 18, Priest and Last Witch Hunter at Summit, which made the most recent Black List, and he just sold the pilot Haunted to ABC. Goodman’s managed by Adam Goldworm Aperture Entertainment.
'Blackpine' Pitch Goes To Andrew Adamson
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”