EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Adamson’s Strange Weather Films has acquired Blackpine, a pitch that will be written by Cory Goodman. The title refers to the hometown of a soldier returning from Afghanistan, where he plans to raise his 12-year-old daughter. The mining community has fallen on hard times, but he makes a go of it until his daughter goes missing. He launches into a frantic search to find her, and in the process uncovers a conspiracy within the town, with a supernatural twist. No distributor yet, but Strange Weather is funding development under its deal with Reel Fx partners Cary Granat and Ed Jones. It’s produced by Adamson and Aron Warner, with Jeff Fierson exec producing. Warner and Fierson hatched the idea and plans to shoot it in New Zealand; he is producing but is not attached to direct. WME-repped Goodman’s scripting credits include Apollo 18, Priest and Last Witch Hunter at Summit, which made the most recent Black List, and he just sold the pilot Haunted to ABC. Goodman’s managed by Adam Goldworm Aperture Entertainment.
'Blackpine' Pitch Goes To Andrew Adamson
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon