EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Adamson’s Strange Weather Films has acquired Blackpine, a pitch that will be written by Cory Goodman. The title refers to the hometown of a soldier returning from Afghanistan, where he plans to raise his 12-year-old daughter. The mining community has fallen on hard times, but he makes a go of it until his daughter goes missing. He launches into a frantic search to find her, and in the process uncovers a conspiracy within the town, with a supernatural twist. No distributor yet, but Strange Weather is funding development under its deal with Reel Fx partners Cary Granat and Ed Jones. It’s produced by Adamson and Aron Warner, with Jeff Fierson exec producing. Warner and Fierson hatched the idea and plans to shoot it in New Zealand; he is producing but is not attached to direct. WME-repped Goodman’s scripting credits include Apollo 18, Priest and Last Witch Hunter at Summit, which made the most recent Black List, and he just sold the pilot Haunted to ABC. Goodman’s managed by Adam Goldworm Aperture Entertainment.
'Blackpine' Pitch Goes To Andrew Adamson
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie