No decision has been made yet. But studio sources say it “looks likely” that Sony Pictures, which had scheduled its hunt-for-bin Laden film for release October 12th, is moving it to later in 2012 or into 2013. That puts it after the 2012 election and ensures that the film won’t become a so-called “October surprise” and boost President Obama’s re-election chances by reminding voters that his administration caught and killed the al-Qaeda leader. Doubtful this will quiet all the partisan political talk in Washington and Hollywood about the Mark Boal-Kathryn Bigelow film.
Bin Laden Film Moving After 2012 Election?
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast
- Red Granite Hires Mika Pryce As Creative Executive
- 'Skin Wars' Renewed For Season 2 On GSN