EXCLUSIVE: Raj Rajaratnam, the Galleon Group founder whose conviction on insider-trading charges continues to reverberate on Wall Street, is getting the movie treatment. 108 Production is working on Billion Dollar Raja, a drama that focuses on the crimes of the former hedge-fund tycoon and the major players who were taken down in his wake. Just today, Rajat Gupta, the former head of global consulting firm McKinsey & Co, was charged with leaking insider details to Rajaratnam, who is now serving 11 years after being found guilty on 14 counts of securities fraud and conspiracy to commit securities fraud. Gupta’s lawyer claimed he is innocent, but 21 other defendants copped pleas, including executives from Intel, IBM and Bear Stearns. Billion Dollar Raja will be scripted and directed by Nayan Padrai, from a story written by Sheetal Vyas, who is producing. Padrai and Vyas most recently teamed on When Harry Tries to Marry, released earlier this year. “The elements of this case are irresistible with a mafia-style operation in the shady underbelly of Wall Street offices, filled with prosecutors, wiretaps, tipsters, a moll, sexual encounters, unapologetic greed, major corporations and the billionaire king of the markets, Raja,” said Padrai.
'Billion Dollar Raja' Taps Into Insider Trading Scandal Sweeping Wall Street
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16 Year-Long Journey to Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris, & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures