EXCLUSIVE: Raj Rajaratnam, the Galleon Group founder whose conviction on insider-trading charges continues to reverberate on Wall Street, is getting the movie treatment. 108 Production is working on Billion Dollar Raja, a drama that focuses on the crimes of the former hedge-fund tycoon and the major players who were taken down in his wake. Just today, Rajat Gupta, the former head of global consulting firm McKinsey & Co, was charged with leaking insider details to Rajaratnam, who is now serving 11 years after being found guilty on 14 counts of securities fraud and conspiracy to commit securities fraud. Gupta’s lawyer claimed he is innocent, but 21 other defendants copped pleas, including executives from Intel, IBM and Bear Stearns. Billion Dollar Raja will be scripted and directed by Nayan Padrai, from a story written by Sheetal Vyas, who is producing. Padrai and Vyas most recently teamed on When Harry Tries to Marry, released earlier this year. “The elements of this case are irresistible with a mafia-style operation in the shady underbelly of Wall Street offices, filled with prosecutors, wiretaps, tipsters, a moll, sexual encounters, unapologetic greed, major corporations and the billionaire king of the markets, Raja,” said Padrai.
'Billion Dollar Raja' Taps Into Insider Trading Scandal Sweeping Wall Street
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner