EXCLUSIVE: Kaley Cuoco is carving out a nice hosting career for herself. On the heels of her emceeing the Teen Choice Awards in August, The Big Bang Theory star has been tapped to host the upcoming People’s Choice Awards. The gig has a nice synergy ring to it as the awards show airs on CBS, the network that also carries Big Bang. Cuoco will succeed Queen Latifah who hosted the People’s Choice Awards for the past 5 years. “Kaley is sexy, funny and smart – everything you want in a host – everything you get to see each week on The Big Bang Theory,” CBS’ EVP specials Jack Sussman said. Mark Burnett is back as executive producer on the awards show, which will air on Jan. 11. Before landing the role of Penny on Big Bang, the reigning People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite TV Comedy, Cuoco, repped by SDB Partners and Brillstein Entertainment, starred in ABC’s 8 Simple Rules, winner of the 2003 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy. She is currently seen in the indie The Last Ride, which is playing at film festivals and will next star opposite Rob Lowe in the Lifetime movie Untouchable: The Drew Peterson Story.
'Big Bang Theory' Star Kaley Cuoco To Host People's Choice Awards On CBS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive