EXCLUSIVE: Kaley Cuoco is carving out a nice hosting career for herself. On the heels of her emceeing the Teen Choice Awards in August, The Big Bang Theory star has been tapped to host the upcoming People’s Choice Awards. The gig has a nice synergy ring to it as the awards show airs on CBS, the network that also carries Big Bang. Cuoco will succeed Queen Latifah who hosted the People’s Choice Awards for the past 5 years. “Kaley is sexy, funny and smart – everything you want in a host – everything you get to see each week on The Big Bang Theory,” CBS’ EVP specials Jack Sussman said. Mark Burnett is back as executive producer on the awards show, which will air on Jan. 11. Before landing the role of Penny on Big Bang, the reigning People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite TV Comedy, Cuoco, repped by SDB Partners and Brillstein Entertainment, starred in ABC’s 8 Simple Rules, winner of the 2003 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy. She is currently seen in the indie The Last Ride, which is playing at film festivals and will next star opposite Rob Lowe in the Lifetime movie Untouchable: The Drew Peterson Story.
'Big Bang Theory' Star Kaley Cuoco To Host People's Choice Awards On CBS
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'