Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
Ben Affleck Warner Bros Choice To Make 'The Stand'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Jim Gaffigan & Olivia Thirlby Join ‘Chappaquiddick’
- ‘Max Steel’ Trailer: Mattel’s Action Figure Line Gets Live Action Treatment
- Peter Facinelli & Others Pump ‘Heartthrob’; Chloe Lukasiak Digs ‘Loophole’
- Bollywood Star Sonam Kapoor Inks With UTA
- ‘Shut In’ Trailer: Naomi Watts, Jacob Tremblay, A Storm & Lots Of Questions