Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
Ben Affleck Warner Bros Choice To Make 'The Stand'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Stacey Snider Era At Fox Begins September 1 As Jim Gianopulos Takes Early Leave
- Primary Wave Hires Two Managers & Digital Exec; Legacy Agency Founder Jordan Bazant Moves To WME
- ‘Heat’ Reunion: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro & Michael Mann Set For Academy Screening
- On Eve Of ‘Ove’ Film Release, Novelist Fredrik Backman Deals Four New Works To Atria Books
- ‘Boston Strong’ Authors & Producer Set Up New Production Company; Corrupt Boy Band Manager TV Series On Way
- Jessica Biel, Richard Schiff & Newcomer Luke Tennie Join Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’