The inaugural ArcLight Cinemas Documentary Film Festival will unspool November 7-11 at Hollywood’s preferred venue for special screenings and industry events. The 10 entrants were chosen by fans who voted for trailers on Arclight’s YouTube page out of some 150 hopefuls that attracted more than 100,000 views and more than 30,000 votes. Selected docs range from a deep look into the world of YouTube, the beginnings of punk rock, UFC fighter Evan Tanner and “the idea” of God and others. Titles are Butterflies, We Were Feared, Once I Was a Champion, God in the Box, Unsigned, More Brains! A Return to the Living Dead, 13 Families, Holy Rollers: The True Story of Card Counting Christians, More Than Me and Rize N Grind. Winners will be chosen by four judges from the documentary and entertainment community: Rebecca Cammisa (Which Way Home), Rhadi Taylor (Sundance Institute), Marjan Safina (International Documentary Association) and Gretchen McCourt (ArcLight’s EVP of cinema programming), who conceived the event. The winning documentary will be revealed at a gala at ArcLight Cinemas Hollywood on November 12.
Arclight Launches Documentary Fest
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions