The inaugural ArcLight Cinemas Documentary Film Festival will unspool November 7-11 at Hollywood’s preferred venue for special screenings and industry events. The 10 entrants were chosen by fans who voted for trailers on Arclight’s YouTube page out of some 150 hopefuls that attracted more than 100,000 views and more than 30,000 votes. Selected docs range from a deep look into the world of YouTube, the beginnings of punk rock, UFC fighter Evan Tanner and “the idea” of God and others. Titles are Butterflies, We Were Feared, Once I Was a Champion, God in the Box, Unsigned, More Brains! A Return to the Living Dead, 13 Families, Holy Rollers: The True Story of Card Counting Christians, More Than Me and Rize N Grind. Winners will be chosen by four judges from the documentary and entertainment community: Rebecca Cammisa (Which Way Home), Rhadi Taylor (Sundance Institute), Marjan Safina (International Documentary Association) and Gretchen McCourt (ArcLight’s EVP of cinema programming), who conceived the event. The winning documentary will be revealed at a gala at ArcLight Cinemas Hollywood on November 12.
Arclight Launches Documentary Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Exiting Fox News Analyst Blasts Network As "Propaganda Machine" For "Ethically Ruinous Administration"
Latest International News
- Working Title, Big Talk Team On Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- BBC Sets New Dramas With Heyday, NBC Universal Int’l And ‘Thirteen’ Creator Marnie Dickens
- ITVS Global Ent, Shout! Factory Pact For Multi-Film & Series Content Deal With Some Big Titles