Many tech critics thought that the iPhone 4S was a yawn, but consumers and Wall Street today had a different idea. Thousands of people around the world queued up to buy the slick new smartphone. Yankee Group, a research firm, predicts that Apple could sell 4M new iPhones this weekend. That set the stage for a 3.3% rise in Apple’s stock price, to $422.00, a new high. Some analysts watching the run on iPhones note that the company may be attracting new customers among BlackBerry users angered by this week’s service glitches. For now, at least, Apple seems to be getting a pass for the problems many of its customers had downloading the new iOS5 operating system and watching their email addresses vanish as they tried to access the new iCloud media service. Apple will release its 3Q earnings on Tuesday, and analysts expect to see revenues rise 44.8% to $29.45B.
Apple Shares Hit New High As Consumers Flock To Buy New iPhones
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The Contenders…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind The…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The Contenders…