The Associated Press is reporting that NBC Sports has made a deal to move its longtime home at 30 Rockefeller Plaza to Stamford, Conn., to take advantage of state tax incentives there. The move out of the network’s flagship headquarters would take the division 35 miles away to Connecticut, which is dialing up an economic development plan that includes luring companies away from their spendy and cramped Manhattan real estate. The AP reported that a government official with knowledge of the deal said details about the tax credits still have to be worked out between the legislature and NBC, but the city is already home to syndicated NBCUniversal shows Maury, The Jerry Springer Show and The Steve Wilkos Show and is the headquarters of NBC Sports Group sibling Versus.
NBC Sports Trades 30 Rock For Connecticut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake