The Associated Press is reporting that NBC Sports has made a deal to move its longtime home at 30 Rockefeller Plaza to Stamford, Conn., to take advantage of state tax incentives there. The move out of the network’s flagship headquarters would take the division 35 miles away to Connecticut, which is dialing up an economic development plan that includes luring companies away from their spendy and cramped Manhattan real estate. The AP reported that a government official with knowledge of the deal said details about the tax credits still have to be worked out between the legislature and NBC, but the city is already home to syndicated NBCUniversal shows Maury, The Jerry Springer Show and The Steve Wilkos Show and is the headquarters of NBC Sports Group sibling Versus.
NBC Sports Trades 30 Rock For Connecticut
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?