The Associated Press is reporting that NBC Sports has made a deal to move its longtime home at 30 Rockefeller Plaza to Stamford, Conn., to take advantage of state tax incentives there. The move out of the network’s flagship headquarters would take the division 35 miles away to Connecticut, which is dialing up an economic development plan that includes luring companies away from their spendy and cramped Manhattan real estate. The AP reported that a government official with knowledge of the deal said details about the tax credits still have to be worked out between the legislature and NBC, but the city is already home to syndicated NBCUniversal shows Maury, The Jerry Springer Show and The Steve Wilkos Show and is the headquarters of NBC Sports Group sibling Versus.
NBC Sports Trades 30 Rock For Connecticut
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93