EXCLUSIVE: AMC is venturing into half-hour comedy with a presentation order to Rob Roy Thomas’ How To Cheat On Your Wife. The single-camera comedy, which Thomas is writing, directing and executive producing, centers on four nice guys in flyover country dealing with middle age. Thomas originally shot a short presentation for the project on his own about six months ago. In it, the four friends meet the day after they are reunited at the funeral of their first dead friend. After seeing that footage, AMC put the comedy project in development and, as part of the development process, Thomas will film a new presentation. Thomas, creator of Fox’s Free Ride and co-creator of NBC’s Significant Others, is now tweaking the idea and will executive produce the presentation with Marc Provissiero and Naomi Odenkirk.
AMC Orders Comedy Presentation From Rob Roy Thomas
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins