EXCLUSIVE: AMC is venturing into half-hour comedy with a presentation order to Rob Roy Thomas’ How To Cheat On Your Wife. The single-camera comedy, which Thomas is writing, directing and executive producing, centers on four nice guys in flyover country dealing with middle age. Thomas originally shot a short presentation for the project on his own about six months ago. In it, the four friends meet the day after they are reunited at the funeral of their first dead friend. After seeing that footage, AMC put the comedy project in development and, as part of the development process, Thomas will film a new presentation. Thomas, creator of Fox’s Free Ride and co-creator of NBC’s Significant Others, is now tweaking the idea and will executive produce the presentation with Marc Provissiero and Naomi Odenkirk.
AMC Orders Comedy Presentation From Rob Roy Thomas
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast