EXCLUSIVE: AMC is venturing into half-hour comedy with a presentation order to Rob Roy Thomas’ How To Cheat On Your Wife. The single-camera comedy, which Thomas is writing, directing and executive producing, centers on four nice guys in flyover country dealing with middle age. Thomas originally shot a short presentation for the project on his own about six months ago. In it, the four friends meet the day after they are reunited at the funeral of their first dead friend. After seeing that footage, AMC put the comedy project in development and, as part of the development process, Thomas will film a new presentation. Thomas, creator of Fox’s Free Ride and co-creator of NBC’s Significant Others, is now tweaking the idea and will executive produce the presentation with Marc Provissiero and Naomi Odenkirk.
AMC Orders Comedy Presentation From Rob Roy Thomas
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66