EXCLUSIVE: AMC is venturing into half-hour comedy with a presentation order to Rob Roy Thomas’ How To Cheat On Your Wife. The single-camera comedy, which Thomas is writing, directing and executive producing, centers on four nice guys in flyover country dealing with middle age. Thomas originally shot a short presentation for the project on his own about six months ago. In it, the four friends meet the day after they are reunited at the funeral of their first dead friend. After seeing that footage, AMC put the comedy project in development and, as part of the development process, Thomas will film a new presentation. Thomas, creator of Fox’s Free Ride and co-creator of NBC’s Significant Others, is now tweaking the idea and will executive produce the presentation with Marc Provissiero and Naomi Odenkirk.
AMC Orders Comedy Presentation From Rob Roy Thomas
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- And It's Back Down! PlayStation Network Partly Returns To Service, Then Back To Black For Many
- LeBron James Return To Miami Helps NBA Ratings Rebound On ABC, Boosts 'Grinch'
- Fall TV 2014: What Worked, What Didn't & What Lies Ahead In Midseason
- 'The Interview' Release: 331 Theaters Aboard For Christmas Day
- 'The Interview' Forgoes TV Ads To Promote Christmas Release This Time
- One Direction Soft In Primetime, Boost Late Night Ratings For NBC