BREAKING: Details are sketchy at the moment, but Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci’s studio-based K/O Paper Products company is in negotiations to join David Ellison’s Skydance Productions. The deal would be uniquely structured, sources say; Skydance declined comment. Kurtzman and Orci are behind some of the bigger tent pole films of the past five years, including Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen as well as the Star Trek reboot and most recently Cowboys & Aliens in addition to TV series Alias and Fringe with JJ Abrams. Kurtzman and Orci are currently working on a Star Trek sequel, which they are producing with Ellison; Kurtzman, Orci and Ellison also are working together on the Tom Clancy adaptation Without Remorse, which Shawn Ryan is penning.
Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci In Talks For Deal With David Ellison's Skydance
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race
- Josh Hartnett & Margarita Levieva To Star In Crime Thriller ‘Inherit The Viper’
- Costume Designer-Turned-Helmer Courtney Hoffman To Direct Feature From Her ‘The Good Time Girls’ Short
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- Mahershala Ali To Star In Anonymous Content’s A.J. Wolfe Crime Tale ‘Burn’