EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Scott Walker, who took time from prepping his next film, The Frozen Ground, to meet with the major agencies last week. Walker is making his directorial debut on his scripted drama about the hunt for Alaska’s most notorious serial predator, Robert Hansen. John Cusack is playing Hansen, regarded in the community as a respected family man but who, in the span of 12 years, abducted more than 24 women, flew them into the Alaskan wilderness and hunted and murdered them. Vanessa Hudgens plays the lone victim who escapes and Nicholas Cage plays the Alaskan State Trooper who finds her on the street. Together they work to bring Hansen to justice. The film begins production in Alaska on October 17, financed by Emmett/Furla Films.
Agencies Hot For 'Frozen Ground' Helmer; WME Signs Scott Walker
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance