EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Scott Walker, who took time from prepping his next film, The Frozen Ground, to meet with the major agencies last week. Walker is making his directorial debut on his scripted drama about the hunt for Alaska’s most notorious serial predator, Robert Hansen. John Cusack is playing Hansen, regarded in the community as a respected family man but who, in the span of 12 years, abducted more than 24 women, flew them into the Alaskan wilderness and hunted and murdered them. Vanessa Hudgens plays the lone victim who escapes and Nicholas Cage plays the Alaskan State Trooper who finds her on the street. Together they work to bring Hansen to justice. The film begins production in Alaska on October 17, financed by Emmett/Furla Films.
Agencies Hot For 'Frozen Ground' Helmer; WME Signs Scott Walker
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start