EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network has renewed docu-reality series Beyond Scared Straight for a third season with a 13-episode order. The series, inspired by Arnold Shapiro’s Oscar-winning documentary Scared Straight!, follows prison and jail deterrence programs aimed at helping at-risk teens. The show’s second season averaged 1.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million total viewers. Its series premiere was A&E’s most-watched original series launch of all-time. Production on Season 3 will begin in late 2011 for a premiere in Q3 of 2012. Season 2 returns with original episodes in December. Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Prods., with Shapiro executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Beyond Scared Straight'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast