EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network has renewed docu-reality series Beyond Scared Straight for a third season with a 13-episode order. The series, inspired by Arnold Shapiro’s Oscar-winning documentary Scared Straight!, follows prison and jail deterrence programs aimed at helping at-risk teens. The show’s second season averaged 1.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million total viewers. Its series premiere was A&E’s most-watched original series launch of all-time. Production on Season 3 will begin in late 2011 for a premiere in Q3 of 2012. Season 2 returns with original episodes in December. Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Prods., with Shapiro executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Beyond Scared Straight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel: Senator Bill Cassidy “Got Caught With His GOPenis Out” In Obamacare Replace Bill
- Gillian Anderson Tweets Photo Of Brian Huskey Appearing On ‘The X-Files’ Next Season
- Lawrence O’Donnell Sorry For Leaked Video Of Off-Air Rants
- ‘Power’ Copyright Suit Unplugged; “No Significant Similarities” Says Judge
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Gotham’ Casts Michael Maize; Daniel Cosgrove Joins ‘You’