EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network has renewed docu-reality series Beyond Scared Straight for a third season with a 13-episode order. The series, inspired by Arnold Shapiro’s Oscar-winning documentary Scared Straight!, follows prison and jail deterrence programs aimed at helping at-risk teens. The show’s second season averaged 1.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million total viewers. Its series premiere was A&E’s most-watched original series launch of all-time. Production on Season 3 will begin in late 2011 for a premiere in Q3 of 2012. Season 2 returns with original episodes in December. Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Prods., with Shapiro executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Beyond Scared Straight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest TV News
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return
- HBO: “Very Good Relationship” With Bill Maher Despite Recent Language Controversy – TCA
- James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series ‘The Deuce’: It’s Not Misogyny, It’s Business…
- Larry David Contrasts His Political Incorrectness With Donald Trump’s: “I Don’t Consider Myself A Pr*ck”…
- ‘Shooter’ Season 2 To Be Cut Short By Star Ryan Phillippe’s Injury, Will End With Ep. 8
- Scripps Networks Ends Sale Talks With Viacom, Continues With Discovery