EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network has renewed docu-reality series Beyond Scared Straight for a third season with a 13-episode order. The series, inspired by Arnold Shapiro’s Oscar-winning documentary Scared Straight!, follows prison and jail deterrence programs aimed at helping at-risk teens. The show’s second season averaged 1.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million total viewers. Its series premiere was A&E’s most-watched original series launch of all-time. Production on Season 3 will begin in late 2011 for a premiere in Q3 of 2012. Season 2 returns with original episodes in December. Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Prods., with Shapiro executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Beyond Scared Straight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdoch Says No Loyalty To TV Networks, Only “Must See Fox News”
- New Netflix Doc Series Tackle Corporate Greed & Food Biz Corruption: Premiere Dates Set For ‘Dirty Money’ And ‘Rotten…
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date On VH1
- Disney-Fox Deal: Bob Iger Discusses Digital Future, Hulu and $2B Cost Savings
- Disney-Fox Deal: Sky Deal Still On The Table, Expected To Close By June 2018
- Disney Sets Deal To Acquire Most Of Fox, A Game-Changing Deal That Will Redraw Hollywood Landscape