EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network has renewed docu-reality series Beyond Scared Straight for a third season with a 13-episode order. The series, inspired by Arnold Shapiro’s Oscar-winning documentary Scared Straight!, follows prison and jail deterrence programs aimed at helping at-risk teens. The show’s second season averaged 1.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million total viewers. Its series premiere was A&E’s most-watched original series launch of all-time. Production on Season 3 will begin in late 2011 for a premiere in Q3 of 2012. Season 2 returns with original episodes in December. Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Prods., with Shapiro executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Beyond Scared Straight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Homeland’ Season 6 Premiere Ratings OK With Preview
- ‘This Is Us’ & ‘The Bachelor’ Set Live+3 Ratings Records – Update
- ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’ Season 12 Premiere Breaks More FXX Ratings Records – Update
- ‘The Sinner’ Anthology Drama Starring Jessica Biel Picked Up To Series By USA
- Tax Incentives Boost On-Location Filming In L.A. To Record Levels
- Seth Meyers & Trevor Noah Take On Donald Trump-John Lewis Flap