An actress is suing Amazon for $1 million for revealing her age on the company’s film and TV industry database IMDb. The suit says the actress, who didn’t want to reveal her identity, attempted to increase her exposure on the website in 2008 by subscribing via credit card to IMDb Pro, which offers more information than the public site. She changed her name and didn’t reveal her age when providing information for her profile, but soon after joining, her age appeared on the site, “revealing to the public that plaintiff is many years older than she looks,” the lawsuit states, according to AFP. The info harms her chances of landing film roles, the suit claims. She believes the site performed record searches using her credit card information to obtain her age; she has asked the information to be removed, but IMDb has not done so. The lawsuit alleges fraud, breach of contract and violations of her private life and consumer rights. Amazon declined comment, the report says.
Actress Sues Amazon For Showing Her Age On Industry Database IMDb
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete Winners…
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64