EXCLUSIVE: ABC has handed a pilot production commitment to a comedy spec by feature writer Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love; Cars) The untitled single-camera project, originally developed at Warner Bros. TV, centers on a normal family who moves into a condominium complex to find out that everyone else living there are aliens. Helmer Chris Koch (Modern Family) is set to direct the pilot, which is executive produced by Fogelman, Koch and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. ABC Studios is producing the pilot, which is expected to hire a casting director shortly. This is ABC’s second off-cycle pilot order this season, along with the Kirstie Alley-starring The Manzanis, also executive produced by Kaplan for ABC Studios. Additionally, Kaplan is executive producing the midseason ABC/ABC Studios dramedy GCB (form. Good Christian Belles). Fogelman, repped by WME and manager Eryn Brown, has close ties with ABC parent Disney Co. on the feature side. He co-wrote Cars, Cars 2 and Tangled. Koch is with UTA.
ABC Picks Up Dan Fogelman Alien Comedy With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book