EXCLUSIVE: ABC has handed a pilot production commitment to a comedy spec by feature writer Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love; Cars) The untitled single-camera project, originally developed at Warner Bros. TV, centers on a normal family who moves into a condominium complex to find out that everyone else living there are aliens. Helmer Chris Koch (Modern Family) is set to direct the pilot, which is executive produced by Fogelman, Koch and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. ABC Studios is producing the pilot, which is expected to hire a casting director shortly. This is ABC’s second off-cycle pilot order this season, along with the Kirstie Alley-starring The Manzanis, also executive produced by Kaplan for ABC Studios. Additionally, Kaplan is executive producing the midseason ABC/ABC Studios dramedy GCB (form. Good Christian Belles). Fogelman, repped by WME and manager Eryn Brown, has close ties with ABC parent Disney Co. on the feature side. He co-wrote Cars, Cars 2 and Tangled. Koch is with UTA.
ABC Picks Up Dan Fogelman Alien Comedy With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Trust’ Review: FX’s Jaded Getty Kidnapping Drama Is Criminally Stylish
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Unites Students And Celebrities For Day Of Protest – Highlights
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…