ABC Family’s EVP program acquisitions and scheduling Tom Zappala is leaving the cable network after 8 years. “We are sorry to see Tom go and wish him well,” ABC Family president Michael Riley said of Zappala in an internal memo, which noted that Zappala is relocating back east to be closer to his family. Riley will take over Zappala’s duties while a replacement is found. Those duties included oversight of all off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, as well as planning and scheduling. He also oversaw on-air promotional scheduling and all digital scheduling initiatives for ABC Family and external platforms, including Hulu and iTunes. Zappala was the architect of ABC Family’s popular 25 Days Of Christmas annual event, among other things.
ABC Family's EVP Tom Zappala To Depart
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'