ABC Family’s EVP program acquisitions and scheduling Tom Zappala is leaving the cable network after 8 years. “We are sorry to see Tom go and wish him well,” ABC Family president Michael Riley said of Zappala in an internal memo, which noted that Zappala is relocating back east to be closer to his family. Riley will take over Zappala’s duties while a replacement is found. Those duties included oversight of all off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, as well as planning and scheduling. He also oversaw on-air promotional scheduling and all digital scheduling initiatives for ABC Family and external platforms, including Hulu and iTunes. Zappala was the architect of ABC Family’s popular 25 Days Of Christmas annual event, among other things.
ABC Family's EVP Tom Zappala To Depart
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot