ABC Family’s EVP program acquisitions and scheduling Tom Zappala is leaving the cable network after 8 years. “We are sorry to see Tom go and wish him well,” ABC Family president Michael Riley said of Zappala in an internal memo, which noted that Zappala is relocating back east to be closer to his family. Riley will take over Zappala’s duties while a replacement is found. Those duties included oversight of all off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, as well as planning and scheduling. He also oversaw on-air promotional scheduling and all digital scheduling initiatives for ABC Family and external platforms, including Hulu and iTunes. Zappala was the architect of ABC Family’s popular 25 Days Of Christmas annual event, among other things.
ABC Family's EVP Tom Zappala To Depart
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV