ABC Family’s EVP program acquisitions and scheduling Tom Zappala is leaving the cable network after 8 years. “We are sorry to see Tom go and wish him well,” ABC Family president Michael Riley said of Zappala in an internal memo, which noted that Zappala is relocating back east to be closer to his family. Riley will take over Zappala’s duties while a replacement is found. Those duties included oversight of all off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, as well as planning and scheduling. He also oversaw on-air promotional scheduling and all digital scheduling initiatives for ABC Family and external platforms, including Hulu and iTunes. Zappala was the architect of ABC Family’s popular 25 Days Of Christmas annual event, among other things.
ABC Family's EVP Tom Zappala To Depart
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'