ABC Family’s EVP program acquisitions and scheduling Tom Zappala is leaving the cable network after 8 years. “We are sorry to see Tom go and wish him well,” ABC Family president Michael Riley said of Zappala in an internal memo, which noted that Zappala is relocating back east to be closer to his family. Riley will take over Zappala’s duties while a replacement is found. Those duties included oversight of all off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, as well as planning and scheduling. He also oversaw on-air promotional scheduling and all digital scheduling initiatives for ABC Family and external platforms, including Hulu and iTunes. Zappala was the architect of ABC Family’s popular 25 Days Of Christmas annual event, among other things.
ABC Family's EVP Tom Zappala To Depart
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Fortune Feimster Comedy From Tina Fey, ‘Uncle Buck’ Reboot Get ABC Pilot Orders
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'