EXCLUSIVE: ABC has bought Secret Lives Of Husbands And Wives, an hourlong project from Jerry Bruckheimer Television and writer Sascha Penn. Inspired by Josie Brown’s 2010 novel that takes on life love, marriage, infidelity and friendship in suburban California, the project is described as thriller/dramatic soap that centers on a murder and the secrets exposed in its aftermath. Penn, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman will executive produce, with KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This is the second consecutive development season in which Penn is adapting a book to the small screen. Last year, he wrote Confessions Of A Back-Up Dancer for the CW. On the feature side, Penn, repped by CAA and Madhouse Entertainment, has sold his spec sci-fi actioner The Ditch to Warner Bros and another spec, action/thriller Gone, to the Chinese company Hollywood Movie Works, with Pierce Brosnan producing. This is the fourth sale for Bruckheimer TV this season. The company previously landed put pilot commitments for a 1980s pro wresting drama executive produced by Dwayne Johnson at NBC, a Navy SEALs drama at ABC and a procedural about a mom-turned-New York State Trooper at CBS.
ABC Buys Soap/Thriller Produced By Jerry Bruckheimer
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot