EXCLUSIVE: ABC has bought Secret Lives Of Husbands And Wives, an hourlong project from Jerry Bruckheimer Television and writer Sascha Penn. Inspired by Josie Brown’s 2010 novel that takes on life love, marriage, infidelity and friendship in suburban California, the project is described as thriller/dramatic soap that centers on a murder and the secrets exposed in its aftermath. Penn, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman will executive produce, with KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This is the second consecutive development season in which Penn is adapting a book to the small screen. Last year, he wrote Confessions Of A Back-Up Dancer for the CW. On the feature side, Penn, repped by CAA and Madhouse Entertainment, has sold his spec sci-fi actioner The Ditch to Warner Bros and another spec, action/thriller Gone, to the Chinese company Hollywood Movie Works, with Pierce Brosnan producing. This is the fourth sale for Bruckheimer TV this season. The company previously landed put pilot commitments for a 1980s pro wresting drama executive produced by Dwayne Johnson at NBC, a Navy SEALs drama at ABC and a procedural about a mom-turned-New York State Trooper at CBS.
ABC Buys Soap/Thriller Produced By Jerry Bruckheimer
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”