Shonda Rhimes’ company Shondaland has sold its fourth project this season, drama The Circle to ABC. Written by Richard Robbins (Shondaland’s Inside The Box), the ABC Studios-produced project is described as part soap, part conspiracy thriller that follows ten friends, adopted as children by a billionaire philanthropist, who begin to question their past when one of their own is murdered. Robbins and Shondaland’s Rhimes and Betsy Beers are executive producing. The Circle joins Shondaland’s other 3 projects this season, Gilded Lillys from writer KJ Steinberg and a legal drama from Jenna Bans at ABC and the company’s first sale to an outside network, dramedy Wildwood, which received a put pilot commitment at Fox.
ABC Buys Soap/Thriller From Shondaland
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'