ABC has bought comedy No. One Son from writer Cindy Caponera (Shameless, Saturday Night Live), Lisa Ling and DreamWorks TV. ABC Studios is producing. The single-camera show is about two completely culturally different families, one Chinese and the other Irish/Italian, that have to learn to co-exist because they are now related through the new marriage of their oldest children. Caponera is executive producing with Ling and DreamWorks TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. This is the second comedy sale to ABC for DreamWorks TV, which also has Tracy McMillan’s single-camera comedy Why You’re Not Married set up there with a script commitment plus penalty.
ABC Buys Interracial Family Comedy From Lisa Ling And DreamWorks TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Fox Nabs ‘Ghosted’ Comedy Starring Craig Robinson & Adam Scott From Tom Gormican With Production Commitment
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO