ABC has bought comedy No. One Son from writer Cindy Caponera (Shameless, Saturday Night Live), Lisa Ling and DreamWorks TV. ABC Studios is producing. The single-camera show is about two completely culturally different families, one Chinese and the other Irish/Italian, that have to learn to co-exist because they are now related through the new marriage of their oldest children. Caponera is executive producing with Ling and DreamWorks TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. This is the second comedy sale to ABC for DreamWorks TV, which also has Tracy McMillan’s single-camera comedy Why You’re Not Married set up there with a script commitment plus penalty.
ABC Buys Interracial Family Comedy From Lisa Ling And DreamWorks TV
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess