EXCLUSIVE: The Town scribe Aaron Stockard will adapt the Thomas Perry crime novel Strip for RT Features and Thunder Road Pictures. RT’s Rodrigo Teixeira and Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk will produce while RT’s Fernando Loureiro will be executive producer. A strip club owner is robbed by a masked gunman just as he’s about to place his cash receipts in a bank’s night deposit box. The enraged and mobbed up club owner sends half a dozen thugs out to find anyone who’s spending large and probably doesn’t know they robbed a gangster. The security men come up with Joe Carver, who not only evades capture but becomes determined to make the gangster sorry he ever sought revenge. Aside from co-writing The Town (which Iwanyk produced), Stockard also teamed with Ben Affleck on the script Gone Baby Gone and recently sold the drama pitch Thick As Thieves to FBC with Peter Chernin producing. RT Features is new in Hollywood, but well established in Brazil, producing such Portuguese language films as Romeo & Juliet Get Married and Drained. RT is looking to develop English language films, linking up with State-side producing partners. Iwanyk is in post production on Clash of the Titans 2 and will next shoot the Jeff Bridges-starrer Seventh Son and the Clint Eastwood-directed A Star Is Born with Beyonce Knowles. Stockard is repped by WME.
Aaron Stockard To Script Thomas Perry Crime Novel 'Strip' For Feature Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?