EXCLUSIVE: The long-awaited return to TV of The X-Files creator Chris Carter is close to reality. I’ve learned that Carter is set to write, direct and executive produce a mystery drama with a female lead for MRC. The company, which hopes to go straight to series on the project, is expected to start pitching the show to networks in the next few weeks. Carter had had the idea for the action series for a while and earlier this year pitched it to MRC, which has been teaming with A-list film and TV auspices. The company most recently sold the David Fincher/Kevin Spacey drama House Of Cards to Netflix with a two-season order. Since The X-Files ended its run on Fox in 2002, ICM-repped Carter has stayed largely out of the spotlight, only resurfacing to do the 2008 X-Files movie sequel and the upcoming thriller Fencewalker. There is now talk about a potential third X-Files movie.
'X-Files' Creator Chris Carter Is Back To TV With Mystery Drama Produced By MRC
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening…