EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, British TV director Ben Palmer has signed with WME. Palmer become a hot commodity overnight as his feature debut, The Inbetweeners Movie, has become the U.K.’s fastest-grossing live-action movie. Since its Aug. 17 release, the low budget flick, which was made for under $5 million, has grossed nearly $60 million at the British box-office. Palmer landed the Inbetweeners Movie gig after directing Seasons 2 and 3 of the hit Channel 4/E4 TV comedy series The Inbetweeners, which spawned the feature. The series, created by Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, about four high school boys who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool, is being remade in the U.S. by MTV for a 2012 premiere. Additionally, Palmer, who didn’t have U.S. representation, has also directed C4’s hit comedy/biopic series Star Stories, as well as Bo Selecta and The Russell Brand Show. He is repped in the UK by Hugo Young at Independent Talent Group. The Inbetweeners Movie is slated to open in the U.S. on Nov. 25.
WME Signs 'The Inbetweeners Movie' Director Ben Palmer
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update