EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, British TV director Ben Palmer has signed with WME. Palmer become a hot commodity overnight as his feature debut, The Inbetweeners Movie, has become the U.K.’s fastest-grossing live-action movie. Since its Aug. 17 release, the low budget flick, which was made for under $5 million, has grossed nearly $60 million at the British box-office. Palmer landed the Inbetweeners Movie gig after directing Seasons 2 and 3 of the hit Channel 4/E4 TV comedy series The Inbetweeners, which spawned the feature. The series, created by Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, about four high school boys who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool, is being remade in the U.S. by MTV for a 2012 premiere. Additionally, Palmer, who didn’t have U.S. representation, has also directed C4’s hit comedy/biopic series Star Stories, as well as Bo Selecta and The Russell Brand Show. He is repped in the UK by Hugo Young at Independent Talent Group. The Inbetweeners Movie is slated to open in the U.S. on Nov. 25.
WME Signs 'The Inbetweeners Movie' Director Ben Palmer
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’