EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, British TV director Ben Palmer has signed with WME. Palmer become a hot commodity overnight as his feature debut, The Inbetweeners Movie, has become the U.K.’s fastest-grossing live-action movie. Since its Aug. 17 release, the low budget flick, which was made for under $5 million, has grossed nearly $60 million at the British box-office. Palmer landed the Inbetweeners Movie gig after directing Seasons 2 and 3 of the hit Channel 4/E4 TV comedy series The Inbetweeners, which spawned the feature. The series, created by Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, about four high school boys who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool, is being remade in the U.S. by MTV for a 2012 premiere. Additionally, Palmer, who didn’t have U.S. representation, has also directed C4’s hit comedy/biopic series Star Stories, as well as Bo Selecta and The Russell Brand Show. He is repped in the UK by Hugo Young at Independent Talent Group. The Inbetweeners Movie is slated to open in the U.S. on Nov. 25.
WME Signs 'The Inbetweeners Movie' Director Ben Palmer
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie