EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, British TV director Ben Palmer has signed with WME. Palmer become a hot commodity overnight as his feature debut, The Inbetweeners Movie, has become the U.K.’s fastest-grossing live-action movie. Since its Aug. 17 release, the low budget flick, which was made for under $5 million, has grossed nearly $60 million at the British box-office. Palmer landed the Inbetweeners Movie gig after directing Seasons 2 and 3 of the hit Channel 4/E4 TV comedy series The Inbetweeners, which spawned the feature. The series, created by Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, about four high school boys who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool, is being remade in the U.S. by MTV for a 2012 premiere. Additionally, Palmer, who didn’t have U.S. representation, has also directed C4’s hit comedy/biopic series Star Stories, as well as Bo Selecta and The Russell Brand Show. He is repped in the UK by Hugo Young at Independent Talent Group. The Inbetweeners Movie is slated to open in the U.S. on Nov. 25.
WME Signs 'The Inbetweeners Movie' Director Ben Palmer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy