The Writers Guild East has announced the results of its 2011 elections, notable not so much for the lack of competition (the main incumbents ran unopposed) but for being the first to institute online voting, which the guild said resulted in higher participation and no invalidated ballots. WGAE president Michael Winship ran unopposed and was re-elected; Jeremy Pikser was elected VP and replaces Bob Schneider, who was elected Secretary Treasurer succeeding Gail Lee. Henry Bean, Bonnie Datt, Elliot Kalan, Susan Kim, Bernardo Ruiz, and Courtney Simon were voted in as freelance members to the WGAE Council, while Sue Brown McCann, Phil Pilato, and Duane Tollison were elected to staff seats. The terms run through September 2013.
WGA East Unveils 2011 Election Results
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board