The Writers Guild East has announced the results of its 2011 elections, notable not so much for the lack of competition (the main incumbents ran unopposed) but for being the first to institute online voting, which the guild said resulted in higher participation and no invalidated ballots. WGAE president Michael Winship ran unopposed and was re-elected; Jeremy Pikser was elected VP and replaces Bob Schneider, who was elected Secretary Treasurer succeeding Gail Lee. Henry Bean, Bonnie Datt, Elliot Kalan, Susan Kim, Bernardo Ruiz, and Courtney Simon were voted in as freelance members to the WGAE Council, while Sue Brown McCann, Phil Pilato, and Duane Tollison were elected to staff seats. The terms run through September 2013.
WGA East Unveils 2011 Election Results
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara