The Writers Guild East has announced the results of its 2011 elections, notable not so much for the lack of competition (the main incumbents ran unopposed) but for being the first to institute online voting, which the guild said resulted in higher participation and no invalidated ballots. WGAE president Michael Winship ran unopposed and was re-elected; Jeremy Pikser was elected VP and replaces Bob Schneider, who was elected Secretary Treasurer succeeding Gail Lee. Henry Bean, Bonnie Datt, Elliot Kalan, Susan Kim, Bernardo Ruiz, and Courtney Simon were voted in as freelance members to the WGAE Council, while Sue Brown McCann, Phil Pilato, and Duane Tollison were elected to staff seats. The terms run through September 2013.
WGA East Unveils 2011 Election Results
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films