This Labor Day box office, The Weinstein Co opens Dimension Films’ Apollo 18 in 3,328 theaters while Relativity Media chums Shark Night 3D in 2,806 locations. But also Disney/Pixar is expanding the run of Cars 2 this Friday for special end-of-summer return engagements at a total of 2,043 theaters. (The toon, which opened June 24th, had only 233 runs this past week.) Meanwhile, Lionsgate announced national sneak previews of its movie Warrior, starring up-and-comers Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton before its September 9th release.
Wrinkles: 'Cars 2' Returns, 'Warrior' Sneaks
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Box Office News
- Goops! Gwyneth Paltrow Is Go-Going To Co-Produce ‘Head Over Heels’ On Broadway
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening
- Alec Baldwin Eyes Broadway For Solo Trump Show, With Lorne Michaels’ Blessing
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Easily Fandango’s Top Advance Ticket Seller Of 2017
- Broadway B.O.: Mark Rylance & SpongeBob SquarePants Join The Starry Field & The Boss Is Back
- MoviePass Reports B.O. Impact On ‘Justice League’, ‘Coco’, ‘Three Billboards’ & More