This Labor Day box office, The Weinstein Co opens Dimension Films’ Apollo 18 in 3,328 theaters while Relativity Media chums Shark Night 3D in 2,806 locations. But also Disney/Pixar is expanding the run of Cars 2 this Friday for special end-of-summer return engagements at a total of 2,043 theaters. (The toon, which opened June 24th, had only 233 runs this past week.) Meanwhile, Lionsgate announced national sneak previews of its movie Warrior, starring up-and-comers Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton before its September 9th release.
Wrinkles: 'Cars 2' Returns, 'Warrior' Sneaks
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Box Office News
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- Battling Times Square, Propping Up Clinton And Cheering Jake Gyllenhaal: Gerard & Roth
- Putting ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Opening Projections In Perspective
- ‘Sully’ Schedules Flight To China
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fills The Canvas of Sondheim & Lapine’s ‘Sunday In The Park With George’ – Review
- Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed To 2019