This Labor Day box office, The Weinstein Co opens Dimension Films’ Apollo 18 in 3,328 theaters while Relativity Media chums Shark Night 3D in 2,806 locations. But also Disney/Pixar is expanding the run of Cars 2 this Friday for special end-of-summer return engagements at a total of 2,043 theaters. (The toon, which opened June 24th, had only 233 runs this past week.) Meanwhile, Lionsgate announced national sneak previews of its movie Warrior, starring up-and-comers Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton before its September 9th release.
Wrinkles: 'Cars 2' Returns, 'Warrior' Sneaks
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Blasts Off With $6.6M On Day 1 At International Box Office
- Broadway Review: Allison Janney, Corey Hawkins Lead ‘Six Degrees Of Separation’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- ‘A Chorus Line’ Original Baayork Lee Will Receive Special Tony Award
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Broadway Review: ‘Anastasia’ Brings An Animated Russian Heroine To Stage Life