This Labor Day box office, The Weinstein Co opens Dimension Films’ Apollo 18 in 3,328 theaters while Relativity Media chums Shark Night 3D in 2,806 locations. But also Disney/Pixar is expanding the run of Cars 2 this Friday for special end-of-summer return engagements at a total of 2,043 theaters. (The toon, which opened June 24th, had only 233 runs this past week.) Meanwhile, Lionsgate announced national sneak previews of its movie Warrior, starring up-and-comers Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton before its September 9th release.
Wrinkles: 'Cars 2' Returns, 'Warrior' Sneaks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- ‘Chappaquiddick’ Jumps Out Of Thanksgiving; ‘Hostiles’ Gallops Into Awards Season
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Review: Slimmer And Sillier, Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Is Revived With Michael Urie & Mercedes Ruehl
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura On Moviegoing In A Streaming World: “We Still Have The Advantage Of Spectacle”
- 'The Killing Of A Sacred Deer', Todd Haynes' 'Wonderstruck' Bow This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview