Is it a gimmick or a true interactive programming innovation? Warner Bros Digital Distribution has launched what it claims to be the first “social series” from a Hollywood studio in Aim High. It’s an action comedy series that has McG among its producers, is directed by Diary Of A Wimpy Kid helmer Thor Freudenthal, and stars Twilight Saga’s Jackson Rathbone, Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden and Ally McBeal’s Greg Germann. It launches October 18. The plot: A handsome high school junior moonlights as a highly trained teenage government operative. The social networking innovation: Viewers can supply their Facebook profile information, with photos and text, and see it worked into scenes, from a photo appearing on a student body election poster to a name scrawled in graffiti on a wall. “Facebook is an increasingly influential destination for discovering and acquiring movie and television content,” Warner Bros Digital Distribution president Thomas Gewecke said in a statement. “This effort takes video distribution to a whole new level by making the actual viewing experience personal and social in a truly innovative and entertainment way.” The series is created and written by Heath Corson and Richie Keen.
Warner Bros Sets 'Aim High' As First Facebook Series From Hollywood Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others