Is it a gimmick or a true interactive programming innovation? Warner Bros Digital Distribution has launched what it claims to be the first “social series” from a Hollywood studio in Aim High. It’s an action comedy series that has McG among its producers, is directed by Diary Of A Wimpy Kid helmer Thor Freudenthal, and stars Twilight Saga’s Jackson Rathbone, Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden and Ally McBeal’s Greg Germann. It launches October 18. The plot: A handsome high school junior moonlights as a highly trained teenage government operative. The social networking innovation: Viewers can supply their Facebook profile information, with photos and text, and see it worked into scenes, from a photo appearing on a student body election poster to a name scrawled in graffiti on a wall. “Facebook is an increasingly influential destination for discovering and acquiring movie and television content,” Warner Bros Digital Distribution president Thomas Gewecke said in a statement. “This effort takes video distribution to a whole new level by making the actual viewing experience personal and social in a truly innovative and entertainment way.” The series is created and written by Heath Corson and Richie Keen.
Warner Bros Sets 'Aim High' As First Facebook Series From Hollywood Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International Box…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It — Tribeca…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’ – Tribeca Studio
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball — Tribeca…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…