Warner Bros said today that it will release its Ruben Fleischer-directed mob drama Gangster Squad on Oct. 19, 2012, right in the teeth of next year’s awards season. Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone star in the pic, which is set in 1940s-era Los Angeles and centers on a police unit that is formed to take down head gangster Mickey Cohen, who is played by Penn. Also set to be released on that date is Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Susan Sarandon as well as Paramount Vantage’s untitled David Chase film, his feature directorial debut, about a group friends in 1960s New Jersey who form a garage band. UPDATE: The studio also said it is shifting its Zac Efron-starrer The Lucky One, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, from Aug. 12, 2012 to April 20, 2012.
Warner Bros Dates 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Reports $136M Loss; Will Re-Focus On Action, Sci-Fi
- Michelle Rodriguez Tells ‘Fast’ Folks To “Show Some Love” To Female Characters Or Else
- Elizabeth Gillies Cast In Untitled Arizona Project Comedy
- Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner In Talks To Pen ‘Toni Erdmann’ Redo
- Chris Miller Channels Han Solo In Twitter Return
- Gail Mancuso Set To Direct DreamWorks’ Comedy ‘Besties’