Warner Bros said today that it will release its Ruben Fleischer-directed mob drama Gangster Squad on Oct. 19, 2012, right in the teeth of next year’s awards season. Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone star in the pic, which is set in 1940s-era Los Angeles and centers on a police unit that is formed to take down head gangster Mickey Cohen, who is played by Penn. Also set to be released on that date is Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Susan Sarandon as well as Paramount Vantage’s untitled David Chase film, his feature directorial debut, about a group friends in 1960s New Jersey who form a garage band. UPDATE: The studio also said it is shifting its Zac Efron-starrer The Lucky One, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, from Aug. 12, 2012 to April 20, 2012.
Warner Bros Dates 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest Film News
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: More Action, More Iron Man & Much More Vulture
- 'Lazer Team 2' Casts Nichole Bloom And Victoria Pratt
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spider-Man’ Interview…
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…