Warner Bros said today that it will release its Ruben Fleischer-directed mob drama Gangster Squad on Oct. 19, 2012, right in the teeth of next year’s awards season. Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone star in the pic, which is set in 1940s-era Los Angeles and centers on a police unit that is formed to take down head gangster Mickey Cohen, who is played by Penn. Also set to be released on that date is Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Susan Sarandon as well as Paramount Vantage’s untitled David Chase film, his feature directorial debut, about a group friends in 1960s New Jersey who form a garage band. UPDATE: The studio also said it is shifting its Zac Efron-starrer The Lucky One, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, from Aug. 12, 2012 to April 20, 2012.
Warner Bros Dates 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hillary Clinton Vs. Donald Trump III: “Bad Hombres,” “Nasty Woman” "Rigged" Emmys & Celebrity Reactions
Latest Film News
- Gore Verbinski’s Creepy, Visually Stunning Trailer For ‘A Cure For Wellness’ Bows
- ‘La La Land’ Added As AFI Fest Centerpiece Gala
- Dana Brunetti On ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Battle With PGA: “It’s About The Principle” – Update
- Western Pic ‘Brimstone’ With Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce & Kit Harington Gains Momentum
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’
- Tom Hardy Tackling Antarctic Explorer Ernest Shackleton In Studiocanal Epic